Garlic Honey Roasted Carrots! A side dish recipe that every one should have in their hip pockets. Sweet and savory with a hint of garlic, these carrots are perfectly flavored, simple to make and goes well with any protein or main dish.
Carrot lovers: prepare to love carrots even more.
Non carrot eaters: prepare to be converted. Just sayin’, it is THAT good.
Sometimes the simplest things in life are truly the best.
This recipe is requires four major ingredients, take a few minutes to prep, and can be serve all the time to accompany any dishes.
I am a huge of crazy flavorful, stupidly easy veggie sides. Even though they were published a while back, I still religiously make my Lemon Garlic Roasted Broccoli (a.k.a. BEST broccoli side ever), Easy Garlic Parmesan Asparagus, Caramelized Onions Green Beans, Sautéed Brussels Sprouts and Carrots. Or check out my girl Tania’s Roasted Brussel Sprouts Salad!
And it’s the same when it comes to these Garlic Honey Roasted Carrots. I’ve been making them again. And again. And again.
How to make Garlic Honey Roasted Carrots
When I said stupidly easy I meant stupidly easy.
Wash and peel carrots, or get baby carrots that are already peeled so you don’t have to do the peeling work (coz we all have those moments, and those days).
Slice carrots into 1-2 inch pieces if you are using whole carrots, and place them in a large bowl.
Add melted butter, honey, chopped fresh garlic, salt and pepper.
Garlic powder is okay to use if you are in a hurry, but nothing will beat fresh garlic.
Give it a nice stir and place on baking sheet.
Then bake that baby in the oven, and viola!
25 minutes later all is done and well. Sticky sweet savory carrots with a soft crunch is served.
Tips for Making Garlic Honey Roasted Carrots
This dish is simple with a capital letter S. To make it even simpler, here are a few tips:
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil for easier cleanup
- Use baby carrots instead of whole carrots – no peeling and chopping of carrots (yee-haw!)
- When baking carrots, avoid overcrowding and overlapping them. Bake them in two separate pans if needed!
- At the end after baking, taste carrots and if the flavor is flat, sprinkle a little bit of salt to open up the flavors. Salt doesn’t just add saltiness to a dish, it brings out flavors!
Do they keep well as leftovers?
Yes yes yes! Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5-6 days. Heat them up in the microwave oven when ready to serve. They keep extremely well!
Serve this for the holidays
ALSO. Not only is this a great side for dinner any day, make this the holidays as well. Add these yummy veggies to your Thanksgiving and Christmas spread!
Love this recipe? Comment below and give us a 5-star rating! Also, take a picture of your creation and tag me on Instagram, because I WANNA SEE!!
Garlic Honey Roasted Carrots
- 2 lbs carrots
- 3 tbsp salted butter
- 3 tbsp honey
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 3-5 cloves garlic
- Pre heat oven to 425 degrees F
- Mince garlic. Wash, peel, and cut carrots into 1-2 inch pieces. Melt butter.
- Bring carrots into a large mixing bowl. Add butter, minced garlic and honey. Toss to combine.
- Place carrots on a baking sheet (line with aluminium foil for easy cleanup). Avoid overcroding or overlapping carrots. Use two baking sheets if needed.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until carrots reach desired softness. Taste and sprinkle salt if needed to open up/bring out the flavors.
- Serve and enjoy!