Need a light and quick sweet treat? This easy Strawberry Mousse recipe requires only a few ingredients and makes classy and elegant feel effortless.
This creamy and light strawberry mousse is accompanied with whipped cream and sweet strawberry preserves for an elegant treat and dessert.
Also: no cooking necessary!
And now to add this fluffy and creamy strawberry mousse to that long list of strawberry love! ❤️
A Lovely Strawberry Mousse Recipe
Made with real strawberries and without pre-package mixes, this Strawberry Mousse is as real and natural as you get!
It’s the perfect treat for Valentine’s Day, dinner parties, after cookout or dinner on a warm summer evening, especially when strawberries are in season.
Our strawberry mousse is a delightful little sweet treat that is fairly light, topped with pretty strawberries, and as much whipped cream as your heart desire.
(P/S: mine desires a whole lot).
What I also love about this strawberry mousse recipe is portion control – serve them in little glasses enjoy them without over-indulging!
Would you believe it if I tell you this lovely, sophisticated strawberry mousse dessert requires only 5 simple ingredients?
That’s right! And here they are:
- heavy whipping cream – sometimes known as just heavy cream, it is a high fat content (~35-40%) as far as dairy products is concern. It is responsible for making our strawberry mousse thick creamy
- granulated sugar – this is basically regular sugar
- strawberries – I like to use fresh, but frozen works as well
- strawberry preserves – strawberry jelly, jam…anything works! If you are in the mood to make your own, this is my favorite strawberry jam recipe.
- whipped cream – cool whipped works as well! If you want to make your own homemade whipped cream, check out this recipe.
How to make Strawberry Mousse
Think of strawberry mousse as a creamy strawberry flavored cream dessert, combine with fun toppings.
You will need to blend up these ingredients to make the ‘mousse’ part (pink-ish part)!
- Heavy cream
- Granulated sugar
- Fresh strawberries (chopped in small pieces)
Using an electric hand mixer or stand mixer, whip just the heavy cream and sugar first under high speed until peaks are formed. This will take at least a few minutes to get it to that creamy consistency.
After that, add chopped fresh strawberries to it and whip it together. You can puree the strawberries first if you prefer, but I like the small chunky bits of strawberries in the mousse.
And then comes the fun (and highly recommended) part: add all the layers!
I love layering my strawberry mousse with:
- strawberry preserve to intensify the strawberry flavors and give it an extra oomph of sweetness to the mousse
- fresh strawberries for a fresh bite of fruits
- whipped cream
It really is as simple as that –
- whip together strawberry mouse
- layer your small glass or jar with strawberry mousse and toppings!
Then, to the best part…grab a spoon and DIG IN!
Tips and Tricks
Now you know how to make strawberry mousse, let me give you a few tips and tricks to make this process even easier!
- Use electric mixer – hand-held mixer or stand mixer to whip the strawberry mousse together. You can mix it by hand but it is quite a laborious task doing it that way.
- Use strawberry preserve or jam instead of strawberry jelly for the bottom layer – get as close to the real stuff as possible!
- The mousse is only sweetened very slightly with the intention of being combined with a sweet preserve. If you are not layering it with strawberry preserve or jam, add more sugar to the heavy cream mixture.
- If you want it to look pretty, serve it in clear glasses so you can see the layers. I use small juice glasses to serve this and they are the perfect portion!
- If you are making ahead, make ahead the strawberry mousse but only layer with the other toppings when ready to serve.
Make Ahead and Storage
Strawberry mousse is best eaten fresh but it can be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. It is best to store each layers separately. In other words, only layer them when ready to eat.
DID YOU ENJOY THIS RECIPE? Please comment below and give us a 5-star rating! This will help others find this recipe on Google and Pinterest. We very much appreciate your help! 🤍
Other Strawberry Recipes
- Strawberry Sugar Cookies with Nutella Icing
- Strawberry Banana Bread
- Strawberry Shortcake with Angel Food Cake
- Strawberry Banana Nutella Crepes
- Strawberry Bacon Spinach Salad
- Berry Banana Chia Smoothie
- Strawberry White Chocolate Bark – by It’s Not Complicated
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups strawberries chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- a few strawberries topping
- Using an electric mixer, whip heavy whipping cream and granulated sugar on high speed until soft peaks are formed. This will take at least few minutes.
- Add chopped strawberries to mixer and continue whipping to combine everything.
- Prepare a few small juice glasses (or any glasses). Layer each glass with strawberry preserve at the bottom, then strawberry heavy cream mixture, whipped cream, and a strawberry to top it off.
- Serve and enjoy!