Need a light and quick sweet treat? This easy Strawberry Mousse recipe requires only a few ingredients and makes classy and elegant feel effortless!
Also: no cooking necessary! Yipeee!
And now to add this fluffy and creamy strawberry mousse to that long list of strawberry love! ❤️
Made with real strawberries and without pre-package mixes, this Strawberry Mousse is as real and natural as you get!
And isn’t it so perfect for Valentine’s Day?
Valentine’s Day is only a little over a week from today, you guys!
Whether you are celebrating with family, friends or that special someone, this is absolutely perfect if you are looking for a simple and festive dessert.
Something about strawberries and Valentine’s Day just go together…
A little sweet treat that is fairly light, topped with pretty strawberries, and as much whipped cream as your heart desire.
(P/S: mine desires a whole lot).
What I also love about this recipe is portion control – serve them in little glasses enjoy them without over-indulging!
How to make Strawberry Mousse?
Think of Strawberry Mousse as a creamy strawberry flavored cream dessert, combine with fun toppings.
You only need a few ingredients for the mousse!
- Heavy cream
- Granulated sugar
- Fresh strawberries (chopped in small pieces)
After that, add chopped fresh strawberries to it and whip it together. You can puree the strawberries first if you prefer, but I like the small chunky bits of strawberries in the mousse.
And then comes the fun (and highly recommended) part: add all the layers!
I love layering my strawberry mousse with:
- strawberry preserve to intensify the strawberry flavors and give it an extra oomph of sweetness to the mousse
- fresh strawberries for a fresh bite of fruits
- whipped cream
And it really is as simple as that – 1) whip together strawberry mouse 2) layer it with toppings!
So easy! 🙂
It’s a recipe for the keeps!
Tips and Tricks
Now you know how to make strawberry mousse, let me give you a few tips and tricks to make this process even easier!
- Use electric mixer – hand-held mixer or stand mixer to whip the mousse together. You can mix it by hand but it is quite a laborious task doing it that way.
- Use strawberry preserve or jam instead of strawberry jelly for the bottom layer – get as close to the real stuff as possible!
- The mousse is only sweetened very slightly with the intention of being combined with a sweet preserve. If you are not layering it with strawberry preserve or jam, add more sugar to the heavy cream mixture.
- If you want it to look pretty, serve it in clear glasses so you can see the layers. I use small juice glasses to serve this and they are the perfect portion!
- If you are making ahead, make ahead the strawberry mousse but only layer with the other toppings when ready to serve.
I always feel ultra classy eating this. 🤍
Love this recipe? Comment below and give us a 5-star rating! Also, take a picture of your creation and tag me on Instagram, because I WANNA SEE!!
Other Strawberry Recipes
- Strawberry Sugar Cookies with Nutella Icing
- Strawberry Banana Nutella Crepes
- Strawberry Bacon Spinach Salad
- Berry Banana Chia Smoothie
- Strawberry White Chocolate Bark – by It’s Not Complicated
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups strawberries chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- a few strawberries topping
- Using an electric mixer, whip heavy whipping cream and granulated sugar on high speed until soft peaks are formed. This will take at least few minutes.
- Add chopped strawberries to mixer and continue whipping to combine everything.
- Prepare a few small juice glasses (or any glasses). Layer each glass with strawberry preserve at the bottom, then strawberry heavy cream mixture, whipped cream, and a strawberry to top it off.
- Serve and enjoy!