Looking for a simple and delicious homemade side to bring to Thanksgiving, Friendsgiving, Christmas, or just a plain old potluck? Cheesy Bacon Potato Casserole is the perfect side dish for the holidays, or any day!
Word of caution – this thing feeds a crowd. So if you don’t have a crowd, well… be prepared for lots of yummy leftovers for a while!
Why Cheesy Bacon Potato Casserole?
It’s that time of the year again. Halloween, blink, Thanksgiving, blink, Christmas, blink, New Years, blink. It’s 2018. I will admit, I toggle between loving and disliking the holidays.
I want to enjoy and bask in this season, but instead I feel bombarded this time of the year. Schedules get filled up too quickly – holiday parties, gatherings, decorations, house prep, food prep, present prep, all kinds of prep.
Can’t we space out these gatherings/busyness to say, the rest of the year? January can be pretty dead – let’s open some presents then?
During a busy season, Cheesy Bacon Potato Casserole is one of my go-to dishes that I make a lot, and has proven to feed AND wow a crowd. It’ll make you look like a rock star, even though you are putting in rookie efforts.
How to make Cheesy Bacon Potato Casserole?
This dish is so easy to make.
First mix ingredients into a super large bowl – frozen diced hashbrown, condensed chicken soup, shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, and the secret ingredient that should be illegal because it makes everything taste better, BACON. Cooked bacon.
Give it a good stir to mix everything evenly.
Who can say no to a potato dish that does not require the actual peeling and dicing of potatoes? Frozen diced hashbrowns potatoes – you are my hero.
Transfer mixture into a 9″x13″ rectangular casserole dish, and perform another illegal task – pour melted butter onto it. Spread it evenly all over the top.
It’s okay – it’s almost Thanksgiving. Butter it up, baby!
If it’s not Thanksgiving… still butter it up! 😉
Bake it at 350 degrees in the oven for one whole hour.
Remove from oven, and let it cool for 15 minutes.
Introducing…the sinfully good, high satisfying, the one, the only, Cheesy Bacon Potato Casserole.
Watch that cheesy goodness cling onto the potatoes. I MEAN…Who can resist?!?
Melt in your mouth, ooey-gooey, cheesy potatoes with a bit of a bacon teaser throughout.
It pairs perfectly with turkey, ham, steak, pork. Just about any meat dish you can think of, and more. It’s also a good option for a breakfast/brunch potato dish.
Put on some comfy pants, and enjoy! 😉
More potato recipes!
Here are other equally yummy and cheesy potato recipes!
- Cheesy Garlic Scalloped Potatoes
- Easy 6-Ingredient Cheesy Potato Wdges
- Roasted Garlic Parmesan Potatoes
- Garlic Parmesan Hasselback Potatoes
- Loaded Baked Potato Salad
- Creamy Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes (by my friend Kathleen from The Fresh Cooky!)
More Breakfast Brunch Ideas!
- Berry French Toast Casserole
- Ham and Cheese Croissants Casseroles
- Light and Fluffy Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Cinnamon Raisin Rolls
- Strawberry Banana Nutella Crepes
If you make this recipe, comment below and let me know what you think! Also, don’t forget to take a picture and tag me on Instagram, because I WANNA SEE!!
Cheesy Bacon Potato Casserole
- 2 lbs Frozen diced has brown potatoes
- 6-10 oz Bacon
- 26 oz Condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups Shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- minced fresh parsley optional
- Cut bacon into 1-inch slices and cook bacon. Drain bacon grease
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large mixing bowl, combine potatoes, bacon, condensed cream of chicken soup, cheddar, sour cream, garlic powder and onion powder. Mix well.
- Pour into a 9×13 rectangular casserole dish. Drizzle melted butter onto dish
- Bake in oven for 1 hour
- Remove and cool for 15 minutes. Garnish with fresh parsley (optional).
- Serve and enjoy!