Kick off your day in style with a frittata filled with ham, spinach, tomatoes and lots of cheese! This delicious and easy frittata recipe is cooked using a cast iron skillet and takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish!
An Easy Frittata Recipe!
Okay okay. If you’ve been here long enough you know my love for breakfast foods.
But you know what trumps my love for breakfast food?
EASY breakfast foods!
To be fair that is a bit of a dumb Q&A attempt, but I say all this to say, frittata is seriously one of the easiest breakfast foods you will make. It also happens to be one of the easiest breakfast food to prep ahead and store.
You might have heard the fancy pants terms “frittata” and wonder what could that be (that was me for a while), but it’s really just a crustless quiche, or you can also think of it as an egg muffin but with a very different shape.
Lots of eggs combined with everything under the kitchen sink (or whatever you happen have in your refrigerator 😉 ), then cooked/baked to perfection.
Somehow, only in a way a frittata can pull off, it comes out kinda fancy, healthy and elegant.
That’s the Frittata magic.
How to make Frittata on a cast iron skillet?
I love making this easy frittata recipe this way because it cooks quickly and you are able to cook everything all in one pan/skillet.
We are using ham, tomatoes, spinach and cheese for this recipe, but there are so many other ways you can make this. Other ingredients you can use are:
- bell peppers
- green onions
- sweet potatoes
Tips and Tricks
- The very first thing you should do is pre-heat the oven so that it is heated up and ready to go. Once you are done cooking on the stovetop, you want to send the cast iron into the oven immediately. The oven has to have reached 350 degrees F when you bring the cast iron skillet into the oven.
- Do not overcook the items on stovetop. Once everything is added to the skillet, remove from stovetop and send the cast iron into the oven immediately.
- Remember to grease the skillet before cooking!
It really is a simple and delicious breakfast! Great for special occasions and holidays such as Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas morning as well!
Or any day! We make this a lot in our household!
Ways to serve it
You can eat it plain, but why not jazz it up! Here are a few ways to serve this frittata dish:
- Serve with toast
- Drizzle salsa or hot sauce on it
- Serve with tortillas
- Serve with bacon, sausage or hashbrowns
Does frittata keep well as leftovers?
Absolutely! Store in refrigerator for 3-5 days and microwave them when you are ready to eat. It tastes just as delicious! We always save leftovers for busy weekday mornings!
Can you freeze frittata?
I find that the texture of the egg changes after freezing so I would not recommend freezing frittata. I know, bummer 🙁 . It stores very well in the refrigerator though! Just not the freezer.
Healthy, delicious, easy to make, and so versatile! How much more perfect can this get?
Give this and try! I think you will enjoy it!
Other Easy Breakfast Recipes
- English Muffin Breakfast Sandwich
- Banana and Date Muffins
- Spinach Bacon Cheddar Quiche
- Savory Breakfast Bowl
- Berry French Toast Casserole
- Quinoa Egg Breakfast Muffins (by Kroll’s Korner!)
If you make this recipe, comment below and let me know what you think! Also, don’t forget to take a picture and tag me on Instagram, because I WANNA SEE!!