Brunch at its finest and easiest form. A.k.a. Sausage Tator Tot Breakfast Casserole!
Sausage Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole combines your favorite breakfast ingredients all in one pan. Crumbly pork sausage, crunchy tater tots, eggs, and cheese come together to make one beautiful meal.
Did I mention tater tots?
I might have a tad bit of an obsession with tater tots. It’s potatoes, but potatoes that are crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside, and seasoned with lots of flavor. Oh yum!
And you bet they will maintain their gorgeous crunchy texture. It might be a casserole, but those tater tots will be crunchy.
Just you wait and see how I make this magic happen.
And just when you think it couldn’t get better, we take tater tots, combine them with breakfast sausage and bake with eggs and cheese and make it a tater tot casserole extravaganza.
My heart just burst with excitement.
It has quickly become one of our favorite breakfast casserole for so many reasons:
- Great for potlucks, parties, gatherings and holidays because it feeds a lot of people without a lot of work.
- One-pan breakfast meal. Now who doesn’t like that!
- 8 ingredients only! And that includes salt and pepper.
- 10-minute prep, the oven does the rest of the work!
- Tater tots!! 🥰 (the obsession is real…)
- It really is crazy yummy
When it is called ‘Sausage Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole’, I am aware that I have given away the ingredients in the name of the recipe itself. But nonetheless, here are the yummy ingredients that make up this (say it again) Sausage Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole:
- Sausage – I use Jimmy Dean’s pre-cooked tube sausage
- Frozen tater tots
- Cheese – I use mozzarella and cheddar but you can use only one type of cheese, or three type of cheeses, or a totally different type of cheese. Cheese it up however way you want!
- Seasonings: garlic powder, salt and pepper
A few simple ingredients come together to make one lovely, cozy, satisfying brunch!
Let’s make it (it’s so easy!)
Let’s get to work!
And by work, I really mean, not a lot of work… (translation: easy peasy!)
First, sear the raw sausage. Crumble it into small pieces and cook until it is no longer pink.
Then add crumble sausage to a large 9′ x 13′ casserole dish. Spread it out evenly.
Add whisked egg mixture (egg, milk, seasoning) into the casserole dish.
And then a little (or a lot of) cheese!
And last, but not least (drumroll please)… TATER TOTS!
Oh yes those tots are finally making their debut.
But there’s a reason why they are last. These tater tots should only be partially submerged in mixture so that the top can be browned, and yes, crispy.
Because crispy tots are the REAL DEAL.
And here it is. Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole in all its glory. ❤️
Yummy, cheesy, flavorful…
Gimme this Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole for breakfast, lunch and dinner please! 😍
Fun and creative ways to serve this
Here are a few things that you can serve with this Easy Breakfast Sausage Tater Tot Casserole:
- Toast/ bagel/ english muffins
- As a taco with salsa and/or avocado on top
- Fresh fruits on the side. Or whip up a Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing.
Other Yummy Breakfast Casserole Recipes
If you love breakfast casseroles, check these out!
- Ham and Cheese Croissant Casserole
- Frittata with Ham, Tomato and Spinach
- Berry French Toast Casserole
- Apple French Toast Casserole
- Cheesy Bacon Potato Casserole
- Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole (by Savory Nothings)
If you make this recipe, comment below and let me know what you think! Also, don’t forget to take a picture and tag me on Instagram, because I WANNA SEE!!
Sausage Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- 1 lbs sausage rolls
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup cheese shredded
- 1 lbs frozen tater tots
- Pre-heat oven to 350 ℉.
- Heat skillet yo medium heat. Add sausage and break it into small pieces. Sear until it is no longer pink. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Grease a 9' x 13' baking dish with cooking oil spray. Add crumbled sausage to baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Add eggs, milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper to a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Gently pour egg mixture into baking dish.
- Add shredded cheese and spread it evenly on the top. Then add tater tots and distribute them evenly all over. Do not submerge tater tots completely so the top will brown in the oven.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until the center is no longer soggy.
- Remove from oven and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!