Hey hey, Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowl! Flavorful, Mexican-inspired shredded chicken cooked in a crockpot combined with rice, beans, corn, avocado, and drizzled with a delicious cilantro lime dressing. It’s a simple dinner packed with so much yum!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of BRIANNAS Fine Salad Dressings. All opinions and texts are mine.
Why you need this Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowl
Whether you are meal prepping, or you have busy evenings, or just want something seriously yummy and satisfying, this one is for you.
With Fall and winter around the corner, the slow cooker is my new best friend. I mean, who doesn’t love throwing everything into a pot that cooks itself? SIGN ME UP.
A solid slow cooker recipe is what all of us need in our hip pockets. Especially one that is as crazy tasty as this!
So why do you need this? Let me count the ways…
- Oh so easy! Let the slow cooker do ALL the hard work
- Great flavors – chicken is cooked in tomatoes, jalapeño, cilantro, lime…not lacking in the flavor department over here!
- Lots of textures – i.e. corn, beans, avocado, cilantro…
- So versatile – mix and match to create the bowl of your dreams
- Leftovers! This recipe makes at least 6 servings (depending on how hungry you are) and will probably give you lunch and dinner for another day or two!
And yes, it tastes as dreamy as it looks….
Cooking chicken in slow cooker
First, let’s talk about how to make the chicken. Think of this as a slow cooker chicken recipe inspired by yummy Mexican flavors, so you will find all the good stuff such as jalapeños, cumin, chili powder, and cilantro involved.
The best part is, with a slow cooker and all the delicious spices/sauces we are adding, making the chicken flavorful, tender and delicious requires almost zero efforts.
Well, maybe a little effort. 😉 As little as combining all the ingredients into the slow cooker. These ingredients are chicken, chicken broth, salsa (I like to use chunky salsa, but pick your favorite!), smoked paprika, cumin, chili powder, and BRIANNAS Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing.
Just dump it all in there, cover, turn the slow cooker on, and let it do its thing for 4 hours on high.
I do want to pause and take a moment to reflect on how much I’m loving BRIANNAS salad dressings. I recently discovered that they are not just amazing salad dressings, they actually have multiple super powers.
Super power #1: makes salads taste amazing. But we know that already.
Super power #2: it’s an INCREDIBLE marinade.
That is right. Made out of quality ingredients, they make amazing marinades for your favorite protein. Like mind-blowing, over-the-fence, cannot-get-enough kind of incredible.
Here’s the best part: you can search for BRIANNAS dressings near you HERE and join in the fun!
This Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing has yummy flavors of jalapeño, cilantro and lime in it, and it takes the flavors of our slow cooker chicken to the next level. In addition (because why stop there?), it also gives the sauce a slightly thicker, creamier texture.
Translation: I love this dressing; I love this Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowl. Lots of love going around.
Once the chicken is cooked on high for 4 hours, shred it. You will find that the chicken will easily fall apart.
Next, let the shredded chicken sit for about 10 minutes so it soaks in the yummy juices. Yum yum yum.
All the ways to serve Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowl!
Something else I love – the versatility of this dish.
Serve the chicken with some (or all) of these yummy ingredients. Mix and match to your heart’s content. Best of all, they take little to no time to prep/chop.
- Rice – grab a box of Spanish rice or Mexican rice if that’s easier for you!
- Tortilla Chips
- Pico de Gallo
- My Quick 15 Minutes Queso
- My Homemade Guacamole
- Jalapeños, if you like it spicy!
Squeeze some lime juice onto the bowl, drizzle it with more BRIANNAS’ Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing.
AND DIG IN.
Flavorful, so much texture, pretty healthy, and so much going on in a simple bowl. I adore this delicious bowl, and I have a suspicion that you would too!
Tips and Tricks
Here are some additional tips and tricks!
- When shredding the chicken, use a pair of tongs and fork to shred it. It should come apart really easily!
- Taste the chicken after you shred it, and if needed add salt to open up the flavors. I did not add salt, but whether salt is needed will depend on the chicken broth and/or salsa used.
Can you freeze Slow Cooker Chicken?
Absolutely! Store in an airtight container in either the refrigerator or freezer. If you are storing it in the refrigerator, consume within 5 days.
They store really well and make great leftovers and meal prep!
Other Slow Cooker Recipes!
- Slow Cooker Asian Shredded Pork
- Slow Cooker Chicken in Tomato and Herb Sauce
- Ultimate Beef Stew
- Slow Cooker Chicken Chili Verde (by my blogger friend, Norine’s Nest!)
If you make this recipe, comment below and let me know what you think! Also, don’t forget to take a picture and tag me on Instagram, because I WANNA SEE!!
I hope you enjoy! Happy slow cooking! 🙂