Light and flavorful Roasted Tomato Pasta loaded with fresh basil and parmesan is my new favorite summer dish. Juicy cherry tomatoes baked with lots of fresh garlic, then tossed with angel hair pasta, basil and parmesan cheese. Fresh, delicious, and absolutely delightful!
Oh you betcha I’ll be eating this all summer long!
Time to make some Roasted Tomato Pasta!
I am so excited for summer tomatoes.
It happens every summer. I look forward to the abundance of produce and eating all the light and fresh foods.
And summer tomatoes are juicy, sweet, flavorful…the epitome of all things yummy during the warm summer season.
Tomatoes are great fresh. I love my Cherry Tomato and Basil Pasta, Caprese Salad with Avocados, Bruschetta with Tomatoes Basil and Balsamic Vinegar…where fresh tomatoes shine bright and reign supreme.
But oh my gosh they are also amazing roasted in the oven. Something about the baking process browns those tomatoes and brings out the sweetness and flavor even more.
How to Roast Tomatoes in the Oven
All you need is a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil for easy clean up.
Toss tomatoes in olive oil, fresh garlic (avoid using garlic powder!), salt and black pepper. Then spread them out on the baking sheet.
Bake in the oven for 25 minutes at 425 degrees F.
When they are done, they will be soft, juicy, and so flavorful! It is also then the perfect chunky, thick paste to smother all over angel hair pasta.
Basil and Parmesan
This lovely pasta dish would not be complete without fresh basil and parmesan cheese.
The beautiful merging of tomatoes, basil and parmesan brings about a fresh, clean, crisp and flavorful bite.
So load up on the basil and parmesan.
I highly recommend buying a block of parmesan and shredding it because they just taste the better. It’s okay to get the shredded ones, but definitely avoid buying ready-shredded parmesan that is in the non-refrigerated section. Nope. Not for this.
And also try to avoid substituting fresh basil for dried basil.
Fresh ingredient in this recipe goes a long way in bringing truly amazing flavors.
Giving everything a good toss, or mix and eat as you go.
Pro tip: follow your heart and garnish with more parmesan because the more parmesan the better!
How to Serve Roasted Tomato Pasta
I am seriously going to be eating this all summer long. Or maybe even way beyond that.
As long as I can get a hold of fresh cherry or grape tomatoes, this will be a part of my diet.
There are so many ways to enjoy this Roasted Tomato Pasta dish:
- By itself and make it a light, vegetarian dinner or lunch! Highly recommend toasting some baguette to go with it on the side!
- As a side to your favorite protein dishes. These go incredibly well with it: Lemon Balsamic Chicken, Spicy Baked Chicken Tenders, Lemon Butter Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops
- Top it with a few strips of chicken or shredded rotisserie chicken, and serve it as a meal.
- It’s the perfect summer cookout or bbq side! It serves well in room temperature or even cold.
- Makes great leftovers. Similarly, you can heat it up, or consume the leftovers cold!
If you like fresh and clean flavors this is the perfect dish for you!
SO. MUCH. YUM. YOU. GUYS.
Love this recipe? Comment below and give us a 5-star rating! Also, take a picture of your creation and tag me on Instagram, because I WANNA SEE!!
Other Tomato Pasta Dishes
- Tomato Basil Gnocchi
- Cheesy Tomato Chicken Spaghetti
- The Best Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
- Ravioli Tomato Beef Soup
- Pasta Alla Cecca (by Happy Veggie Kitchen)
Roasted Tomato Pasta with Basil and Parmesan
- 2 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 6-8 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 8-10 oz angel hair pasta
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped, more if needed
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated, more if needed
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss cherry tomatoes with minced garlic, olive oil, salt and black pepper. Then spread cherry tomatoes on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Avoid overlapping cherry tomatoes.
- Bake cherry tomatoes for 20 minutes.
- While tomatoes are in the oven, bring water in a pot to boil.
- Add angel hair pasta to pot and cook according to package instructions.
- Drain pasta once it is done.
- Toss pasta in cherry tomatoes and 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve pasta and garnish with more parmesan cheese and fresh basil. Enjoy!