These Cheesy Garlic Rolls are soft and warm homemade yeast rolls combined with garlic butter and cheese. They are buttery, garlicky and cheesy, a nice twist to traditional dinner rolls!
Serve these pulled-apart cheesy garlic dinner rolls fresh off the the oven for best taste and texture!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Rhodes Bake-N-Serv. All opinions and texts are mine.
Garlic Cheese Dinner Rolls
Breads are seriously my weakness. Give me a basket full of warm, freshly baked bread and I will be a happy, happy girl.
But do you know what is better than regular bread? Cheesy garlicky buttery bread like these cheesy garlic rolls.
These garlic cheese rolls are soft and fluffy. They are baked together and you can pull them apart, creating that beautiful cheese pull and enjoy their cheesy garlicky goodness. I cannot get enough of it!
Every now and then I make my garlic cheese rolls from scratch, but let me tell you a little secret to cut short this whole cheesy garlic rolls bread-making process while still experiencing the quality of freshly baked bread: Rhodes Bake-N-Serv dinner rolls.
We are huge fans of Rhodes around here. They come in the form of frozen dough that you thaw under room temperature for a few hours and then bake in the oven.
Using Rhodes to make cheesy garlic rolls yields the softest, most flavorful and perfect little rolls that will blow your mind. And yes, it makes the whole process SO much easier!
These garlic cheese rolls taste just like (or even better, I might argue) the ones made from scratch.
Serve cheesy garlic rolls with pasta dishes, chicken, beef, pork, salad, soups, etc. It seriously goes with anything!
Or, if you must, eat it by itself! It shines on its own!
Here is the short list of 4 ingredients you will need to make these delicious homemade garlic cheese rolls:
- Rhodes’ frozen rolls – what i love about these rolls is that they come frozen in dough form, and all you need to do is let it defrost and rise! This is a quick and fuss-free way to get freshly baked yeast dinner rolls!
- Butter – salted butter for best taste!
- Fresh garlic – avoid substituting with garlic powder for best taste!
- Mozzarella cheese – shredded. You can use a different cheese but I like how mozzarella melts easily and its mild flavor.
- Parsley (optional)
How to make Cheesy Garlic Rolls
Let me show you how easy it is to make these delicious cheesy garlic rolls.
First, grab a 9″ round pie pan and let’s get the party started!
Place frozen dough balls onto round 9″ pan greased with butter. Let it rise for 4 hours
Brush garlic butter onto risen rolls.
Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese, then bake!
If you like a lot of cheese, add more!
If you like some additional herbs to go with it, go for it!
The result is this: Cheesy rolls that are buttery, garlicky, soft, and absolutely perfect.
What I love about this cheesy garlic roll recipe: no kneading required, super easy to prep. All you really need is a couple of hours for the dough to rise.
I highly recommend enjoying cheesy garlic rolls fresh off the oven.
Pull the soft cheesy rolls apart and watch that luscious cheese pull, and enjoy that gorgeous combination of flavor of butter, garlic and cheese.
Tip and Tricks
A few tips and tricks to make the garlic cheese roll making process even easier…and tastier!
- Let the rolls rise for at least 4 hours, but don’t let it rise for too long. Avoid exceeding 6 hours, especially if your room is warm.
- Cover pan with saran wrap as rolls rise and grease the insides of saran wrap to prevent rolls from sticking to it.
Garlic and butter and cheese are great, but I will attribute the amazingness of this dish to this delicious Rhodes Bake-N-Serv Dinner Rolls.
My husband and I have used and made these garlic cheese rolls for years and love them.
We always keep a bag of Rhodes rolls in our freezer, and they have become our go-to dinner rolls for dinner, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter…all the holidays!
Double or Tripling the Recipe
This recipe is written to make 7 rolls, but if you want to make more, it’s totally doable too.
Use a bigger pan (doesn’t have to be round in shape), and make sure frozen rolls are spread out 1″ – 1.5″ apart from each other.
Adjust the amount of garlic, butter and cheese accordingly, and bake cheesy garlic rolls for the same amount of time.
And yes, after all that, sit back, indulge and enjoy. These Cheesy Garlic Rolls are seriously one of the best breads out there!
So what are you waiting for! Make these delicious cheesy garlic rolls today!
Meals that goes well with Cheesy Garlic Rolls
We love serving pull-apart garlic cheese rolls with these delicious pasta, soups and protein dishes:
- The Best Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
- Creamy Sun-dried Tomatoes Pasta with Chicken
- Restaurant Style Steak
- Baked Ziti
- Lemon Butter Parmesan Crusted Pork Chop
- Classic Lasagna with Béchamel Sauce
- Lemon Chicken and Rice Soup
- Lemon Garlic Parmesan Pasta
DID YOU ENJOY THIS RECIPE? Please comment below and give us a 5-star rating! This will help others find this recipe on Google and Pinterest. We very much appreciate your help! 🤍
Other Bread Recipes
- Honey Butter Rolls
- Cinnamon Raisin Rolls
- Apple Cinnamon Bread
- No Knead Cranberry Bread
- Caramel Pecan Sticky Buns (by Tania at Cooking for my Soul)
Cheesy Garlic Rolls
- 7 Rhodes Bake-N-Serv Dinner Rolls frozen
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- vegetable oil spray
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella more if needed
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Brush 1 tbsp of melted butter on a 9" round pan.
- Place 7 frozen Rhodes Bake-N-Serv Dinner Rolls on the pan, spreading them apart.
- Wrap pan with saran wrap (grease the inside of saran wrap with vegetable oil), and set aside rolls for ~4 hours to rise.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix 2 tbsp of melted butter with minced garlic. Brush garlic butter mixture onto rolls.
- Sprinkle shredded mozerella all over the top of rolls.
- Bring to oven and bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Remove and cool for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!