Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders
These Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders in Hawaiian rolls are basically mini oven baked burgers made with seasoned ground beef, bacon and lots of cheese. We then brush the top of the Hawaiian rolls with lots of butter and sprinkle with Everything Bagel seasoning. SO YUM!
Caution: these Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders are dangerously delicious…and it is very hard to stop at one!
Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders with Hawaiian Rolls
There’s something magical about Hawaiian rolls. These buns are moist, soft, and a hint of sweetness that takes a simple savory burger or sandwich to the next level.
You can make Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders with any rolls, but I highly recommend them with Hawaiian rolls. GAME CHANGER.
Yes, I passionately believe that Hawaiian rolls makes the best Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders.
Just imagine this…perfectly seasoned ground beef, crispy bacon, melted American cheese are sandwiched between two slices of savory sweet, soft and fluffy Hawaiian rolls. It all just melts in your mouth.
Or better yet, don’t just imagine… gather up the ingredients make this easy, crowd-pleasing, delicious Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders today!
I promise you, it’s totally worth every minute of your effort.
They are basically mini, Hawaiian rolls version of my popular Homemade Burger recipe.
Here’s what you will need to make Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders:
- lean ground beef – I like to use less than 10% fat ground beef
- American cheese – you can use other cheeses, but I like to use American cheese on this because it melts the best. Get the deluxe kind for a better quality American cheese (it is really the only kind of American cheese I like to use).
- white onions – or sweet onions, or yellow onions. Diced into small tiny pieces. It’s in here to bring about some yummy flavors
- garlic powder – for seasoning ground beef
- onion powder – for seasoning ground beef
- black pepper
- liquid smoke – added to the ground beef to give it that smoky flavor since we are not grilling these Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders.
- salted butter
- Everything but the Bagel seasoning – it’s basically the seasoning that is on an everything bagel. It’s primarily sesame seeds, garlic pieces and coarse sea salt.
How to Make Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders in the oven
One of the 957 reasons I love this Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders recipe is because you can make a lot of food, in a short time, for a lot of people!
If you have a ton of people coming over and you need to make something to feed a crowd, Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders make the perfect party food that will feed a crowd. It is always so well loved by adults and kids alike.
And now I’m going to show you how easy it is!
There are basically three key parts to making this:
Step 1 : Cook ground beef and bacon
Or get ready cooked bacon and just cook the ground beef 😉
If you are cooking the bacon, the easier, most fuss-free way, in my opinion, is to make it in the oven.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for minimal cleanup later, then place strips of baking on the foil, without overlapping.
Bake at 425℉ for 12-16 minutes, or until it reaches desired crispiness, then cut into into small pieces. Cook time will vary depending on the thickness and leanness of the bacon.
As for the beef, add it to a skillet and pan fry, also adding spices such as garlic powder, onions powder, liquid smoke, salt and black pepper to season them.
We won’t be forming beef into patties but simply placing them onto the Hawaiian rolls later.
I’ve contemplated making patties but decided it’s really not necessary.
Once ground beef is done, let’s work on assembling these yummy Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders!
Step 2: Assembling Sliders
I like to use a 9″x13″ rectangular baking dish to bake my Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders in the oven. It gives us plenty of room for a 12 piece roll.
I keep the roll stuck to each other but slit it into half lengthwise.
Grease baking dish and then place the bottom rolls onto the dish.
And then layer it up: beef, bacon…
Followed by cheese and the top of the Hawaiian buns.
I like to double-layer the cheese because 1) I love cheese, 2) it acts as a glue to keep the ground beef and buns in place, 3) it really does taste really good with more cheese
But we are not done yet…
Brush the top of the buns with butter and sprinkle with Everything but the Bagel seasoning. This step actually gives an extra layer of flavor to the Bacon Cheeseburger Slider, it’s not just to make it look pretty.
Bake Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders in the oven for 10 minutes at 350℉.
When it is done, the Hawaiian rolls will be golden brown on the top, slightly crunchy on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside.
Sandwiched between them are delicious melted cheese and seasoned beef…and its flavors have since merged and come together like magic.
You also get bites of sesame seeds and garlic pieces in every single bite.
Omg so yum!
It’s the perfect party food, game day food, easy dinner, lunch, snack…we make Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders all the time and absolutely love it!
Variation and Substitution
I want to share a very basic Bacon Cheeseburger Slider recipe. If you are feeling adventurous, there are many ways to go beyond the basics and jazz this up!
Here are some yummy ingredients you can add to the sliders:
To add after baking:
To add before baking:
- sautéed mushrooms
- caramelized onions (p/s: my personal favorite)
Instead of using ground beef, feel free to use ground chicken, pork, bison or lamb.
While I think Hawaiian rolls are superior to all rolls for Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders, you can also definitely use other types of rolls such as dinner rolls, brioche etc. 😉
What to serve with sliders
Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders really can stand alone and get the party started. But they are also great served with one or two of these sides:
- Potatoes – I mean, how you can go wrong with the fabulous pairing of burgers/sliders and potatoes? Try it with Easy Cheesy Potato Wedges, Baked Cajun Fries with Cheese Sauce, Crispy Baked Potato Skins, or Loaded Baked Potato Salad.
- Veggies and Salads – if you want to go a healthier route, they taste amazing with a side of Light Raisin Coleslaw, Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing Recipe, Chipotle Corn Salsa or Kale and Brussels Sprouts Salad
Make Ahead and Storage
If you choose to make Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders ahead before a party, make the ground beef and bacon ahead of time and store in refrigerator for up to 3 days, but only assemble and bake the sliders right before you are ready to serve.
Once assemble, the Hawaiian rolls tend to become soggy, so it is best to serve immediately after it is assembled and baked.
DID YOU ENJOY THIS RECIPE? Please comment below and give us a 5-star rating! This will help others find this recipe on Google and Pinterest. We very much appreciate your help! 🤍
More delicious sandwiches
- Cheese Stuffed Burger
- The Ultimate Homemade Burger
- Fish Po’ Boy
- Open-Face Tuna Salad and Egg Sandwich
- Zesty Tuna Melt
- Cuban Sandwich (by Hostess at Heart)
Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders
- 5-7 strips bacon
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 cup white onions diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 6-8 slices American cheese
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 1 tsp Everything Bagel seasoning
- 12 Hawaiian rolls
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Place bacon on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil – do not overlap bacon. Bake for 12-17 minutes, or until bacon reaches desired crispiness. Remove from oven. Cut bacon into small pieces.
- While waiting for bacon to cook, heat skillet with vegetable oil. Sear diced onions until it is fragrant (1-2 minutes). Then add ground beef, stirring continuously and breaking it up into small pieces.
- Add garlic powder, onions powder, salt, black pepper and liquid smoke. Continue to cook until beef is no longer pink. Remove from heat.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9"x13" baking dish. Slice the 12-piece Hawaiian rolls into half lengthwise. Avoid breaking rolls apart from each other.
- Place the bottom of the Hawaiian rolls onto baking dish. Then add ground beef, bacon pieces, cheese (double layer them), and the top of the Hawaiian rolls.
- Brush the top of the Hawaiian rolls with melted butter. Then sprinkle with Everything Bagel seasoning (see Note 1).
- Bake sliders for 10 minutes in the oven.
- Serve and enjoy!
Easy and yummy!
Thanks Lisa! So glad you all enjoyed it!
Great family meal with the kids!
So glad to hear that!
These bad boys are “dangerously delicious” lol!! I definitely ate my fair share, definitely recommend this recipe.
Haha I have to agree! 😉 Thanks so much for sharing!
So tasty! The whole thing came together in less than 40 minutes. I omitted the diced onion because of kid with texture preferences and omitted the liquid smoke. Still came out fantastic! I doubled the recipe to have leftovers for reheating and I’m very happy that I did.
Thank you for the feedback, Carly! So glad you enjoyed it!
These bacon cheeseburger sliders are so easy to make. Perfect dinner for weeknights or for weekend tailgating.
Thank you! Glad you love them!
I made a double batch of these for a hungry bunch of teenagers on New Years Eve.
So easy to make and they were demolished so they definitely loved them!
That’s awesome! I’m so happy to hear that everyone enjoyed these sliders! 🙂
Sliders are a hit at our house. Love that your version is cheeseburger! Great idea! I made these last night with soup, and everyone loved them!
Sounds delicious! Love my burgers with cheese! 🙂
Thanks for the Hawaiian rolls tip. This bacon cheeseburger sliders recipe is tasty and will be in huge demand at our house. Thanks for sharing!
That’s wonderful! I’m so glad!
Such an easy and delicious burger recipe to make, everyone loved it in the family. Thanks for sharing.
Thank YOU for trying it! I’m so glad you all loved it!
This is so easy and delicious!
Def a perfect snack to prepare for a weekend game night!
Thank you!! So glad to hear!
I love everything about these mini sliders. Bacon is the perfect add-on to these and they are so easy to put together. Thanks for sharing!
You bet!! Thank YOU for trying it!!
These are delicious…I used regular rolls since we didn’t have Hawaiian rolls and it’s super tasty. Making it again for game day coming up!
Agree! They are good on any rolls! 🙂 So glad you enjoyed it!
This was so delicious. I made it last night. I followed the instructions exactly and everyone loved it. Such an easy and yummy recipe!
Thank you so much! Happy to hear that!
Sliders never fail to be a hit at our game nights and these were no exception! The everything bagel seasoning on top was a great idea too!
Love the everything bagel seasoning on there as well! Thank you, Veronika!
I made this slider recipe a few nights ago, my family loves them. Omitted the onions because not everybody likes them, and it makes the process faster too. Saturday is pizza or burger day at home, I’m making it again because everyone is asking for it. It is that good. Thank you for sharing.
Great to hear that, Natalia! Love it when it’s a win with the family!