Cajun Sausage Alfredo Pasta
This easy Cajun Sausage Alfredo Pasta dish is creamy, zesty and flavorful, combining penne pasta, smoked sausage and red bell peppers in a tasty Creole inspired Alfredo sauce.
This post is sponsored by my friends at Tony Chachere’s! We are celebrating Tony Chachere’s 50th Anniversary, and I am so excited to share this easy and tasty recipe with you! All opinions, as usual, are my own.
If you love Cajun and Creole flavors, also check out some of my other favorites on the blog such as Potato Casserole with Andouille Sausage, Grilled Cajun Chicken, Blackened Shrimp Pasta and Fish Po’ Boy.
Creole Inspired Sausage Alfredo Pasta Recipe
This is a Sausage Alfredo Pasta recipe packed full of bold Cajun flavors. It uses two incredible seasonings and mixes from Tony Chachere’s – Creole Alfredo Sauce Mix and More Spice Seasoning, making this a quick and yummy meal!
They are high quality and makes cooking delicious Cajun cuisine much more attainable!
What you need to know about this Cajun sausage Alfredo pasta recipe:
- ready under 30 minutes
- uses made-easy yet good quality ingredients
- packed with bold flavors and delicious
- perfect for a quick and tasty weeknight dinner
- save well as leftovers
I’m going to show you how to use some of my favorite seasonings from Tony Chachere’s to dress up and jazz up your dish, turning it into a delicious well-rounded pasta meal, proving once and for all that delicious doesn’t have to be complicated!
First, let’s gather up all the ingredients needed to make our Cajun Sausage Alfredo:
- penne pasta – or you can also use another pasta – rigatoni, spaghetti, linguini etc will work great!
- smoked sausage – they should already be fully cooked and comes in the form of sausage links.
- Tony Chachere’s Creole Alfredo Sauce Mix – makes making Alfredo sauce so easy and also very tasty!
- Tony Chachere’s More Spice Seasoning – this is added to the sauce to give some addition kick and flavors. However, you can also use other Tony Chachere’s seasonings, such as No Salt Seasoning, Lite Creole Seasoning, BOLD Creole Seasoning, Original Seasoning or Spice n’ Herbs Seasoning.
- bell pepper – sliced into smaller pieces
- milk – I prefer to use at least 2% for a creamier texture
- mozzarella cheese – shredded
How to Make It
It should take about 30 minutes to make this Cajun Sausage Alfredo Pasta.
It’s so simple and straight forward, yet the product tastes AMAZING.
Step 1: Boil Pasta
The first thing you’ll need to do is boil the pasta in water in a large pot.
Make sure to drain water immediately once it is done so pasta doesn’t sit in the hot water and become soggy.
Step 2: Make Alfredo Sauce
With a little help from Tony Chachere’s incredible products, we are going to make our Cajun Alfredo Sauce.
Start off by melting butter in a large pot, then add milk and the Creole Alfredo Sauce Mix.
I highly recommend using a whisk to whisk until the mixture is smooth. I find that simply stirring will not smooth out the sauce and mixture will be grainy.
Once sauce comes to a boil and thicken, add sliced sausage and bell peppers.
Keep stirring and bring it to a boil again.
Then add mozzarella cheese and More Spice Seasoning. Stir continuously until everything is combined and cheese has melted.
Note that Tony Chachere’s More Spice Seasoning has salt in it so there’s no need to add additional salt to your Cajun Alfredo Sauce.
And of course, if you like your cajun sausage Alfredo pasta spicier, feel free to add more seasoning to it to bump up the heat! If you like it less spicy, you can reduce the amount of seasoning used.
Step 3: Bring everything together
Fold pasta into the Alfredo sauce together with sausage and bell peppers.
Mix to combine and then remove from heat promptly when done.
I like to garnish with a little bit of parsley on top to get a pop of flavor and a bite of freshness!
And that’s all there is to it!
Cajun Sausage Alfredo is rich and creamy, packed with bold flavors and incredible textures. You’ll also experience bites of chewy pasta, flavorful sausage and the freshness from the bell peppers and parsley.
It makes the most perfect quick meal for busy evenings!
Cajun Sausage Alfredo pasta comes together so easily you will not believe how yummy it is with such little time and effort in the kitchen.
We love it so much…and I think you would too!
Here are other ingredients you can use in place or in addition to what is suggested in this recipe:
- protein: chicken (shredded rotisserie chicken works great) or shrimp works great as well
- veggies: spinach, carrots, sun-dried tomatoes works really well tossed into the pasta and sauce
- seasoning: other Tony Chachere’s seasoning such as No Salt Seasoning, Lite Creole Seasoning, BOLD Creole Seasoning, Original Seasoning or Spice n’ Herbs Seasoning.
Storage and Reheating
Store sausage Alfredo in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Cajun Alfredo Sausage Pasta reheats well in the microwave. Make sure to sprinkle some water or milk to the top of the pasta before reheating as the sauce typically dries out a bit after reheating.
Ways to Serve this
Here are some of my favorite ways to serve Cajun Alfredo Sausage Pasta:
- Bread: I love a basic baguette or rolls to go with my pasta. Or if you want to go beyond the basic, Honey Butter Rolls or Cheesy Garlic Rolls pairs well with it too.
- Salad: Fall Harvest Salad, Lemon Orzo Spinach Salad, Avocado Orange Salad
- Vegetable side dish: Roasted Zucchini with Garlic Parmesan, Garlic Honey Roasted Carrots, Caramelized Onions Sautéed Green Beans
Frequently Asked Questions
Most likely it is because it wasn’t whisked well. Make sure to whisk continuously once Alfredo Sauce Mix is added using a whisk until sauce is smooth.
Yes! See storage and reheating instructions above.
Use more Tone Chachere’s More Spice Seasoning if you like your cajun sausage Alfredo spicier, and use less of it if you like it less spicy.
DID YOU ENJOY THIS RECIPE? Please comment below and give us a 5-star rating! This will help others find this recipe on Google and Pinterest. We very much appreciate your help! 🤍
More Delicious Pasta Dishes
- Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta
- Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
- Blackened Shrimp Pasta
- Roasted Tomato Pasta with Basil and Parmesan
- Ravioli Tomato Beef Soup
- Chili Mac and Cheese
Cajun Sausage Alfredo Pasta
- 8 oz penne pasta
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 1 Tony Chachere’s Creole Alfredo Sauce Mix
- 12 oz smoked sausage sliced
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 1 ½ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 tsp Tony Chachere’s More Spice Seasoning or adjust to taste
- Bring water to boil in a pot, cook penne based on package instructions. When done, drain water and set aside.
- In a large pot, add butter, milk and Creole Alfredo Sauce packet. Whisk to combine and bring to boil.
- Add sliced sausage and bell peppers. Stir to combine. Cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add mozzarella cheese to sauce. Stir to combine.
- Add More Spice Seasoning.
- Fold penne pasta into sauce.
- Garnish with parsley. Serve and enjoy!