They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so let’s do this breakfast thing right with this delicious English Muffin Breakfast Sandwich!
Lots of protein, a.k.a. egg, avocado and cheese, sandwiched between two slices of toasted english muffin. Perfect for a lazy weekend, or meal prep it and grab and go on busy mornings!
The beauty of a Breakfast Sandwich
As a self-proclaimed breakfast sandwich junkie, I get overly excited about breakfast food stuffed between two slices of bread, be it english muffins, bagels, biscuits, toast, waffles (oh yess you can), etc etc.
Deliciousness is an understatement. But you know what else is an understatement when it comes to breakfast sandwiches?
Convenience, folks. CONVENIENCE with a capitol letter C.
We are talking about waking up, grabbing, heating up (20 seconds of your blurry morning life), eating a real and healthy-ish breakfast with lots of protein that will keep you full and ready to face the day.
BAM. That is why this lovely breakfast sandwich is your partner/co-conquerer of crazy mornings.
Tips for making a Breakfast Sandwich
Sandwiches are some of the easiest meals to make. Toast the breads, sandwich those yummy goodies between two slices breads, and you’ve got yourself a meal you can eat using your hands. No utensils needed!
No sweat and ALL THE YUM.
However, if you want to make them slightly prettier and “fancier”, here are some tips to take them to the next level:
- When frying the egg, flip a 3 1/2″ cookie cutter upside down (so the blade is facing upward and doesn’t scratch your skillet), grease the sides of the cookie cutter and the skillet, and crack the egg into the cookie cutter to give the egg a round shape.
- Add seasonings to the smashed avocados. I typically use just salt, but also feel free to add garlic powder, pepper, red pepper flakes etc to jazz it up further. Or use Everything Bagel Seasoning in place of the salt.
- After toasting the muffins, bring cheese to muffins and heat it in toaster oven for 15 seconds to warm and melt cheese.
None of these are highly necessary, just a nice touch if you are in the mood for nice touches. 😉
Great for Meal Prep!
Meal prep is life-changing, and gives you SO MUCH TIME back.
Whenever I make these yum things. I make one for myself and one for my husband for breakfast, and then I buckle down and make a lot of them. Like a WHOLE lot.
Breakfast meal preps are awesome. Put in another 15-20 minutes of work, and you get breakfasts for many days.
I typically either omit the smashed avocados for the meal prep sandwiches, or add the smashed avocados right after heating up the sandwiches and just before I’m about to consume them. Unfortunately avocados don’t keep well and they turn brown after a couple of hours.
I also do not toast the english muffins if I am meal prepping them and saving them for later.
When I am done making the breakfast sandwiches, I wrap them up individually in a saran wrap and keep them in the refrigerator. It keeps well for up to 3-4 days in the fridge.
When you are ready to eat them. Just unwrap them and heat them up. My husband grabs them from the fridge and brings them with him to work if he is running late. SO SO EASY.
Go conquer those busy morning with these yummies!!
Other Easy Breakfast Ideas
These are other breakfast ideas that are super simple to put together, or can be made ahead of time so your morning breakfasts are quick and easy!
- Berry French Toast Casserole
- Berry Banana Chia Smoothie
- Banana and Date Muffins
- Blueberry Bread with Crumb Topping
- Ham and Cheese Croissant Casserole
- White Chocolate Cranberry Scones (by my blogger friend Kelsie at Itsy-Bitsy Kitchen!)
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate link(s). I will receive a small commission if you purchase item(s) via these links at no additional cost to you!