You are staring at the best, fluffiest and most delicious Chocolate Chip Pancake. Loaded with chocolate chips, airy and light, this recipe gives the classic pancake a fun, chocolaty twist.
And you don’t want to miss it!
One of our favorite things to do during the weekend is to make delicious chocolate chip pancakes.
Weekdays are usually super busy for us so we like to take our time on Saturday mornings to eat a delicious, hearty breakfast.
And this Chocolate Chip Pancake, along with Breakfast Tacos, Berry French Toast Casserole, Ham and Cheese Croissant Casserole, Strawberry Banana Nutella Crepes, are in our Saturday morning breakfast rotation.
There’s nothing quite like waking up in the mornings to fresh homemade pancakes with loads of chocolate chips in it.
Or waking up any day to fresh homemade pancakes with loads of chocolate chips in it.
FEED ME NOW.
Why you need this Chocolate Chip Pancake Recipe
Here are things you need to know about this recipe:
- These pancakes are light and fluffy. In other words, it melts in your mouth and is never overly dense or heavy
- We are generous with the chocolate chips. Oh yeahhhh.
- It is so good you will never look at the pre-made pancake mix the same way again.
- It is also very easy to make, especially after you take note of our tips and tricks down below!
- It makes breakfast taste like dessert! And who doesn’t want dessert disguised as breakfast?!? You know you deserve it! 🙂
It truly is my absolute favorite and the very best pancake recipe. And I don’t use the word ‘best’ lightly.
It is perfect by itself but we have to spread some butter to it and drizzle it with lots of maple syrup…
OMG. SO GOOD.
I’m hungry just thinking about it.
What tools do you need make Chocolate Chip Pancake
To save time and be able to make lots of pancakes at the same time, use a griddle if you have one.
But if you don’t, a non-stick skillet would work just as well. The only difference is you won’t be able to cook as many pancakes in one setting.
In addition to that, you will need a turner to flip the pancakes.
Tips and Tricks
To get the most perfect looking and tasting pancakes, follow up tips and tricks below!
- After melting the butter, if the mixture is boiling hot, let it cool slightly before pouring it into the batter. Avoid pouring super hot butter onto eggs in the batter, because you may end up with scrambled eggs. 😉
- After mixing the batter, if the consistency is too thick, pour more milk to it to thin it out.
- Cook pancakes on medium low heat! Be patient. Let the center of the pancake cook well and the batter bubble up before flipping them over.
How to store pancakes
If you are consuming leftover pancakes within 5 days, go ahead and store it in the refrigerator. Pancakes can be easily heated in the microwave and doing so will not change the flavor and consistency of the pancake.
If you are looking to store pancakes for longer, freeze them. In fact, I sometimes like to double (or triple) the batter and freeze lots of pancakes for future consumption.
It is really nice to have ready made pancakes at hand in the freezer!
Also, if storing in the freezer, defrost them completely before heating up and enjoying them!
Ways to serve Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Maple syrup is the obvious (and super yummy) choice.
However, there are many other ways to jazz up these pancakes in addition to (or in place of) maple syrup:
- Butter – pancakes need a blob of butter on it to give it that salty hint amidst all the chocolate/maple syrup goodness
- Bananas – don’t even get me started on the beauty of the chocolate + banana combo
- Jam or jelly
- Other fruits
- Whipped cream
- More chocolate! Chocolate syrup, more chocolate chips…
DID YOU ENJOY THIS RECIPE? Please comment below and give us a 5-star rating! This will help others find this recipe on Google and Pinterest! We very much appreciate your help! 🤍
Happy brunching, folks!
Other Chocolate Related Recipes
- Caramel and White Chocolate Chip Chocolate Cookies
- Mini Chocolate Chess Pie
- Homemade Hot Chocolate
- Molten Chocolate Lava Cake
Other Pancake Recipes
Chocolate Chip Pancake
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter + more for cooking pancakes
- 2 cups milk + more if needed
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl. combine all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, granulated sugar, and salt.
- Melt butter in microwave. Do not overheat butter, and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Create a well and add milk, egg, vanilla extract, and melted butter. Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Use a whisk to remove clumps.
- Fold chocolate chips into batter. Add more milk if you prefer the batter thinner.
- Heat a skillet or griddle on medium low heat, melt some butter onto skillet/griddle.
- Using a ladel, spoon batter onto skillet/griddle. Once the buttom of the pancake is cooked and bubbles form on the surface, flip pancakes.
- Repeat Step 6 until the batter is gone.
- Serve with butter and maple syrup (or other toppings). Enjoy!