Strawberry Banana Nutella Crepes. These four simple words give me ALL THE FEELS.
Breakfast? Light Dessert? Snack? You make it whatever you want it to be! These soft and thin crepes are loaded with strawberries and banana slices, along with sweet Nutella. A dreamy combo!
Crepes sound sophisticated and complicated, but today we are making strawberry banana crepes with just a good old non-stick skillet. Nothing fancy, actually super easy and totally doable, and it will be everything your crepe-loving heart could ever hope for…
Strawberry Banana Crepes
Give me a choice between pancakes or waffles and I’ll probably pick crepes. Nothing against pancakes or waffles. In fact, I love these Chocolate Chip Pancakes and Blueberry Lemon Ricotta Pancakes so much I wrote two whole blog posts about them!
But crepes. CREPES. Crepes stole my heart once I took a bite into them. It’s light in texture, super versatile, and so elegant!
One of my favorite ways to enjoy crepes is to load my crepes with strawberry and banana slices, then drizzle them with Nutella. Thus this lovely strawberry banana crepes recipe. You need it too!
There’s just something magical about the combination of strawberry, banana and Nutella with that thin spongy crepes…gosh, I just love a good strawberry banana Nutella crepes.
What are crepes?
Crepes are often associated with French cuisine, but are also widely consumed all over the world today. Simply put, they are very thin American pancakes, and can be filled with different sweet and savory toppings. They are popular as breakfast food, but also as desserts.
And there is also savory crepes where savory ingredients are layered into crepes. They are typically enjoyed for brunch or lunch.
There are so many ways to serve crepes, but today we are focusing on this strawberry banana crepes with nutella, a sweet crepe that is pretty much a staple at most crepe places.
Note that this strawberry banana crepe recipe is not authentically French, but I promise you, it is very delicious!
Before we jump into making strawberry banana nutella crepes, let’s talk a little bit about a basic crepe batter.
It is made out of:
- all purpose flour
- melted butter – melted butter is mixed into the crepe mixture. I use a non-stick skillet and still grease it with vegetable oil before cooking the first crepe, but I usually don’t add more vegetable oil to grease the pan after the first one because of the butter in the batter
And here are the toppings that we will be adding to our crepes once they are made:
- Nutella spread
- powdered sugar – for sprinkling on top!
If you think you need fancy equipment to make these strawberry banana nutella crepes into reality you are so wrong!
Sure, there are fancy crepe pans out there to make the perfectly even, thin crepes. Here’s a crepe maker that Amazon sells (affiliate link attached). It is, however, very doable to use a large skillet to make crepes, especially a non-stick skillet.
I realize not everyone has a crepe maker, so we are going to use a non-stick skillet to make our strawberry banana crepes!
How to make it
To make strawberry banana crepes, the first thing we will do is make a basic crepe. We will get to the strawberry banana part later, let’s first make a simple, basic crepe.
- Heat up some oil on the pan, then using a ladle, add batter (~1/4 cup) to the center of the skillet.
- Very quickly after that, lift the skillet and make circular motions. Spread the crepe as wide of a circle as possible, to create a thin layer.
- Flip the crepes once they are no longer transparent. Use a flexible spatula/turner for flipping. From my experience, a turner that is has a large surface and is flexible is the most “crepe-flipping friendly”. 😉
After making the first crepe, I typically switch off the heat, spoon another scope of batter to skillet, move it in circular motion, then switch the heat back on again so that it cooks.
You want the pan fairly hot when you put the batter in, but a pan that is too hot will prevent the the batter from spreading out, that is why I switch off the heat and switch it back on again.
Filling the crepes
There are so many toppings to fill the crepes and so many ways to fold it. Here’s how I assemble my strawberry banana crepes.
First, open up the crepe and place it on a flat surface. Then fill strawberries, bananas and Nutella on one half (one side) of the crepe.
Fold over the side without toppings so that it is on top of the strawberries, bananas and nutella. In other words we are holding the crepe in half.
Then fold the half crepe into quarters.
Lastly, top off the crepes with some powdered sugar to give it that snow cap look.
Other crepe toppings
In addition to strawberry, nutella and bananas, here are a few other ideas for yummy ingredients to add to the crepes. Feel free to mix and match to you liking!
- Almond butter or peanut butter
- Melted Butter + brown sugar
- Chocolate sauce
- Other berries
Want to take it to the next level? When I feel like turning this Strawberry Banana Nutella Crepe into a dessert, I add a scope of vanilla ice cream and/or whipped cream to it.
Not saying you cannot have it with ice cream for breakfast. After all, we are adults, and there’re no rules as to when you can have ice cream. 😉
One thing is for sure: life is certainly way better with some crepes in it! ❤️💛
Storage and Reheating
The great thing about crepes is that they keep very well as leftovers. I usually make a bunch and store them in an airtight container or bag the fridge.
Don’t add the strawberry banana crepe topping until you are ready to eat your crepes.
When eating the leftovers, I heat the crepes up in the microwave for 15-20 seconds for every two or three crepes, and then fill it with whatever I want.
DID YOU ENJOY THIS RECIPE? Please comment below and give us a 5-star rating! This will help others find this recipe on Google and Pinterest. We very much appreciate your help! 🤍
Other sweet breakfast ideas
- Caramelized Banana French Toast
- Berry French Toast Casserole
- Blueberry Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
- Blueberry Bread with Crumb Topping
- Banana Date Muffins
- Light and Fluffy Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Pumpkin Banana Muffin
- Chocolate Waffles (by my friend Kelly at The Antony Kitchen!)
Strawberry Banana Nutella Crepes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 1 tsp vegetable oil or more
- 2 cups Strawberries
- 2 Bananas
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- In a large bowl combine first five ingredients to make crepe batter. WHisk batter well until there are no more clumps.
- Heat up oil in a large skillet under medium low heat.
- Using a ladle, spoon batter (~1/4 cup) onto the middle of the skillet. Lift skillet and move it around in circular motions to spread the crepe batter out. This is to thin out the crepe and make it a larger round shape. Once crepe is no longer transparent, use a flexible turner to flip crepe over. (See Note 1)
- Repeat step 3 until batter is all used up.
- When all crepes are done, add sliced strawberries, bananas, and Nutella (or other toppings!) to one side (one half) of the crepe. Close crepe by folding it into half, and then into quarters.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!