Oh hi there Avocado Tomato Salad Power Wrap…with a homemade dressing that I absolutely adore.
Hence enter Avocado Tomato Salad Wrap
It’s a salad, filled with two of my favorite things – avocados and cherry tomatoes, along with lettuce and cubes of white cheddar cheese, tossed in an amazing homemade avocado cilantro lime dressing (I mean, how can anyone go wrong with this combination?).
Last but certainly not least, wrapped up in a tortilla because soft tortilla and crunchy lettuce together make magic happen.
I don’t know about you, but salad can be a difficult one-plate meal for me to consume, whether it is for lunch or dinner.
It is never heavy enough, and my body gets hungry very quickly after eating JUST a salad.
I used to bring salads to work every now and then , and I would find ways to make my salad more “bulky”. I added more protein, namely avocados, cheese, baked chicken etc. I tossed a soft tortilla onto it. Then, I started wrapping my salad in a tortilla and then wrapped the whole thing with a plastic wrap (hello, no containers needed!).
That whole process is really how this power wrap came about.
What I love about this, besides the fact that it tastes YUMMY, is that this is one salad wrap that will fill you up and KEEP YOU FULL. Lots of protein, plenty of veggies (I mean, it is a salad after all 🙂 ), a solid dressing, and some carbs to compliment the flavor and sustain you throughout the day.
Making the Dressing
Here are the ingredients for the dressing:
- olive oil
- lime juice
- a little bit of salt.
Throw everything into a blender or food processor, and let it do the hard work.
The product is a silky, creamy dressing that is slightly on the thicker side. Add more olive oil to get the consistency thinner if you prefer.
I would typically make a batch of dressing and eat on it for a couple of days, because it keeps fairly well.
I cannot get enough of how good it is!
Bring together the Avocado Tomato Salad Wrap
As for the salad, I like romaine lettuce but you can use iceberg lettuce, spring mix, spinach, or any other kind of lettuce.
If they are wet after washing, use a paper towel to pat them dry, if not your salad will be swimming in a pool of water.
Chop up the lettuce, cut cherry tomatoes into half, cut up avocados, and cube the white cheddar.
I will be honest, cubed cheese, instead of shredded cheese, is HUGE for me in salads. I like to be able to BITE into the cheese, and it is so much yummier this way. Try it! It makes such a difference!
Throw in the dressing and give it a nice, light toss using a pair of tongs.
Drying the lettuce and other ingredients if they are wet, chopping them up into bite size pieces, and evenly tossing the ingredients are subtleties that make a salad way much better!
Next, fill the wrap up with the salad (see instructional pictures in recipe card below) and you are all set!
Avocado Tomato Salad Power Wrap. Delicious healthy goodness in a wrap!
This absolutely screams spring and summer for me. If you are craving a healthy meal that will not leave you hungry, try this! And it’s so good!
Also, if you want to bump up the protein level even more, or cannot live without some meat (even in your salads 😉 ), add some of my Lemon Balsamic Grilled (or Pan-fried) Chicken to the salad. Goes perfectly and so YUM!
More Healthy Recipes!
If you are craving more healthy recipes, check these out!
- Avocado Quinoa Salad
- Greek Cucumber Salad
- Lemon Orzo Spinach Salad
- Blueberry Mango Smoothie with Peanut Butter and Honey
- Baked Salmon Sushi Bowl
- Mexican Breakfast Bowl
- Honey Lemon Garlic Shrimp
- Easy Frittata with Ham, Spinach and Tomatoes
DID YOU ENJOY THIS RECIPE? Please comment below and give us a 5-star rating! This will help others find this recipe on Google and Pinterest. We very much appreciate your help! 🤍
Avocado Tomato Salad Power Wrap
- 4 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup block of medium white cheddar cheese
- 4 large tortillas
- 1 medium avocado
- 20-25 cilantro leaves
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Chop up lettuce, half the cherry tomatoes, cut up avocados into small pieces and cube white cheddar into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Throw all salad dressing ingredients into a blender/food processor to chop/mix everything together. Add more olive oil to make the dressing thinner if needed or preferred.
- In a large bowl, throw in lettuce, cherry tomatoes, avocados, white cheddar and salad dressing, and mix well using a pair of tongs.
- Place salad on one side of the tortilla. Don’t overpack it or else it will be challenging to wrap.
- Fold the bottom of the tortilla over the salad.
- Then gather both of the sides and fold over. Tighten the wrap as much as you can (so salad don’t have a lot of room to move around).
- Roll the bottom over, continue to tighten the wrap as you roll.
- Cut tortillas into half. Serve and enjoy!