Oreo Brownies, or Cookies and Cream Brownies, are fudgy, gooey chocolate brownies loaded with Oreo cookies topped with creamy icing also loaded with Oreo cookies. It’s a rich and decadent dessert and treat that everyone falls in love with!
If you love Oreo cookies and all things Oreo, you will love these Oreo brownies!
Oreo Cookie Brownies
If there’s one word to describe these Oreo brownies it’s this: ADDICTIVE.
My husband contributes to a lot of the dessert recipes on the blog. The man enjoys baking and KNOWS how to make a bomb dessert. This Oreo brownies can be added to one of his many crazy delicious desserts that tasted so good I had to share it.
First, let’s talk about that chocolate brownie base. It is moist, fudgy, rich and decadent. The addition of semi-sweet chocolate to the brownie batter takes the chocolaty goodness to a whole new level. Let’s just say if you don’t like chocolate, stay away from these Oreo brownies.
Another thing that takes the brownie over the top is the chunks of Oreo cookies in there, giving it additional flavor, texture and richness.
And then we have that creamy icing – thick, smooth, and sweet. It also has bites of Oreo cookies along with that creamy filling mix in, which makes it the Oreo brownie on steroids.
Oreo brownies. The brownie of all brownies. Prepare to be blown away.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make the chocolate brownie base of our Oreo brownies:
- Oreo cookies – crushed into smaller pieces. I like to leave it kinda chunky so they stay kinda in tact and you can still taste the cookie itself.
- granulated sugar
- powdered sugar – this makes the texture of the oreo brownies softer and finer
- all purpose flour
- unsalted butter – use unsalted butter instead of salted butter to have a better control of the salt content in the oreo brownies. Omit salt if using salted butter.
- semi-sweet chocolate – baking chocolate can be used as well
- vanilla extract – use pure vanilla extract for best flavor
- unsweetened coco powder
- salt – used to open up the flavors. If using salted butter, omit salt.
For the creamy Oreo icing on top:
- Oreo cookies – also chopped into coarse pieces.
- white chocolate – melted white chocolate is the secret ingredient that truly takes the icing over the top. Do not substitute or skip this!
- heavy cream – this is a unique ingredient for icing. Our hope to make the icing tastes kinda like the filling between an Oreo cookie.
- powdered sugar
- vanilla extract – use pure vanilla extract for best flavor.
- corn starch – the thickening agent to make oreo icing thicker
How to Make It
There are two primary parts when it comes to this Oreo brownie recipe:
- Oreo brownie batter
- Oreo icing
Start by making the brownie batter and then make the icing while the Oreo brownie cools.
Oreo Brownie Batter
First, melt butter and chocolate in the microwave. Microwave in 20-25 second intervals, stirring after each time, until butter and chocolate are fully melted.
Bring together dry ingredients – granulated sugar, powdered sugar, all-purpose flour, cocoa powder and salt, into a large mixing bowl.
Add eggs, vanilla extract and melted butter and chocolate.
Mix to combine, then fold in Oreo cookie pieces.
Spread batter evenly onto a greased 9′ x 13′ rectangular baking dish, then bake for 25-30 minutes at 325℉.
If using a glass dish, bake for a few minutes longer.
Brownie layer is fairly thin. If you prefer a thicker brownie, use a 8′ x 8′ baking pan instead.
Let Oreo brownie cool for at least 20 minutes. While waiting, make the Oreo icing.
First, in a microwave safe bowl, microwave heavy cream and white chocolate until smooth (20-30 second intervals, stirring each time).
Add powdered sugar and corn starch to heavy cream/chocolate mixture. Use a whisk to mix until there are no more clumps, then fold in chopped Oreos.
If you want your icing thicker, add more powdered sugar and whisk until it reaches your desired consistency.
Spread the Oreo icing onto cooled Oreo brownie.
Let it rest until icing hardens. To speed up hardening process, Oreo brownies can be refrigerated for a few minutes – icing will harden quickly if it is refrigerated.
Lastly, slice Oreo brownie into smaller pieces, and enjoy every delicious bite!
Warning: it’s so good it’s so hard to only have one slice!
Due to the dairy content in the icing, Oreo brownies should be stored in the refrigerator (not room temperature) in an air tight container. It can be stored for up to 5 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! You can use a 8′ x 8′ square baking pan – brownies will be slightly thicker. Bake time should be similar.
Make sure to grease the pan before adding batter, or line pan with parchment paper.
Yes! You will have to bake brownies for a few extra minutes.
DID YOU ENJOY THIS RECIPE? Please comment below and give us a 5-star rating! This will help others find this recipe on Google and Pinterest. We very much appreciate your help! 🤍
More Dessert Recipes
- Peppermint Rice Krispie Treats
- Chocolate Mug Cake
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Apple Cinnamon Galette
- Mango Crumb Bars
- Easy Peach Crisp
- Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 10 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1.5 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 10-12 Oreo cookies chopped
- 8 oz white chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp corn starch
- 12 Oreo cookies chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325℉.
- Grease a 9'x13' baking pan, or line with parchment paper.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a microwave safe bowl (20-30 second intervals, stirring regularly) and set aside.
- Bring together granulated sugar, powdered sugar, all-purpose flour, cocoa powder and salt in a large mixing bowl. Mix to combine.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract. Mix to combine.
- Add butter/chocolate and mix to combine until mixture is smooth.
- Fold in chopped oreos.
- Spread evenly in baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool ~20 minutes before adding cream layer.
Oreo Icing Layer
- Heat heavy cream and white chocolate until smooth (20-30 second intervals) in a microwave safe bowl
- Add powdered sugar and corn starch to cream/chocolate mixture, and mix until thoroughly combined
- Fold in chopped Oreos.
- Spread Oreo icing on brownie and allow to cool completely before cutting into smaller pieces. Serve and enjoy!