I love a good peach dessert and there’s nothing quite like a warm yummy bowl of Easy Peach Crisp topped with vanilla ice cream.
Is there such thing as eating way too much fruits? If there is I am guilty as charged. If you have been following my blog, you probably notice I have a serious obsession with fruits lately.
However, I cannot let summer go by without sharing with you my go-to Peach Crisp recipe that I have over-eaten my fair share of this summer.
Because no one should be deprived of the pleasure of Peach Crisp. NOT A SINGLE SOUL.
Why make Easy Peach Crisp?
Peach crisp is like an easier, healthier, and just as delicious version of peach pie. Because:
1) Making a pie from scratch can be hard. On the other hand, crisps are so much easier and definitely less time consuming.
2) Crisp uses oatmeal to form its crusty top. Oatmeal = healthy. Therefore, I like to think it is somewhat healthy. If you disagree, just don’t say anything and let me linger in my ignorance. 🙂
My take on ice-cream or no ice-cream on Peach Crisps? ALA MODE ALL THE WAY is my life goal.
Summers are the best time to make this Easy Peach Crisp recipe. With peaches being in season, they are fresh and heavenly sweet and incredible.
Cooking them only heightens the sweetness and brings out the gorgeous peachy flavor we all know and love.
How to make Easy Peach Crisp?
Making this is truly a pretty simple task. Start by peeling 5-7 peaches.
If you are in a hurry or don’t want to mess with peeling, skip it! Then cut them into cubes, and toss the peaches in a little bit of flour, sugar and pure vanilla extract. Place the peaches on a 9″ pie pan.
Next to the crumb topping. In a large bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt softened unsalted butter and oats. Mix well and leave mixture in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Refrigerating the crumble is optional. I like to do so because I like to mix the crumble again after refrigeration to break out pieces of the crumbles before layering them onto the peach.
Layer the peach filing with crumble and then into the oven it goes! 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes.
When it is done, the peaches will be nice, soft, and peachy sweet. The crumble layer will be sweet, crispy and slightly crunchy when you bite into it. Together it is the perfect combination of flavor and texture.
And then of course, this is a must if you ask me – top with VANILLA ICE-CREAM.
It seals the deal and takes the peach crisp to the next level. Like a super-high, better-than-anything kinda level. A level of superior taste and beauty. You get the idea.
Okay, that’s it. I’m SURRENDERING. I’m just surrendering to the gloriousness that is this Peach Crisp. One bite is all it takes, but one can hardly stop at just one bite…
Can you use canned or frozen peaches for Peach Crisp
You can definitely use canned peaches if fresh peaches are not in season. Drain the syrup/juice in the can and follow the same steps!
As for frozen peaches, make sure it is thawed before baking them. If they are not thawed, you might want to increase the cook time slightly.
Nothing really beats fresh, but truly, I rather have some Peach Crisp in my life with canned peaches then no Peach Crisp in my life at all.
And yes, fruit desserts are totally my thing. My husband recently accused me of naming 10+ different fruits as my favorite in the last week.
WELL, I CANNOT HELP IT.
At that moment of consuming each fruit, I get SUCKED IN and proclaimed my love for it. It just happens.
Other Tips and Tricks
- I love making my Peach Crisp in a round 9″ pie pan. But you can also make this in a 9″ square pan if that’s what you have at hand!
- Substitute ice cream with whipped cream if you want something lighter.
Love this recipe? Comment below and give us a 5-star rating! Also, take a picture of your creation and tag me on Instagram, because I WANNA SEE!!
Other Fruit Recipes
That being said, we have lots of fruit recipes on the blog. They are amazing and you need to CHECK THEM OUT!
- Easy Apple Crisp
- Lemon Ice Cream
- Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
- Blueberry Bread with Crumb Topping
- Thai Mango Sweet Sticky Rice
- Strawberry Banana Nutella Crepes
- The Best Key Lime Pie (by my blogger friend, the Fresh Cooky!)
Easy Peach Crisp
- 5-7 Fresh yellow or white peaches
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup old-fashion oats
- vanilla ice cream
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Peel (optional) and cut peaches into cubes. In a large bowl, combine cubed peaches with all other ingredients under “peach filing”. Mix well and pour into a 9″ pie pan or 9″ square pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ‘crumble’ ingredients. Mix well to combine.
- Optional: Refrigerate crumble for 30 minutes. Mix well again.
- Layer crumble onto peach filing. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!