Addictive appetizer alert!! Ladies and gentlemen, do not count on eating one bite, or even two, of this Bacon Ranch Cheeseball.
Count on getting filled up on this delicious appetizer before dinner. Count on not being able to STOP. This 6-ingredient cheeseball is so delicious, and also ridiculously easy to make. Is that not WINNING or what?!
We have been in cheeseball heaven because – recipe testing! But who complains about eating one delicious cheeseball after another?
We are stuffed, happy and completely satisfied. The combination of cheese and bacon does that to you.
Bacon Ranch Cheeseball – perfect for the holiday season, game day, parties, potlucks, snacks for the kids, or seriously…any day you feel like you need a little cheeseball in your life for a pick-me-up.
How to make Bacon Ranch Cheeseball
Cook five strips of bacon until it is crispy either in the oven or stove top, and then cut them into small pieces. As for the green onions, also slice them into small pieces.
First of all, gather the bacon and green onions because those are the two ingredients that will need some cooking and chopping.
Combine all the ingredients (cream cheese, bacon, green onions, ranch seasoning mix, cheddar cheese) in a bowl.
The cream cheese should be slightly soften because it will make the combining process a lot easier.
If you did not get a chance to soften the cream cheese ahead of time, it will still be fine, you will probably need to put in some arm work to evenly combine all the ingredients.
Once the ingredients are combined, shape the mixture into a ball. The easiest way to do this is to wrap the mixture in a clear plastic wrap and gently mold the mixture into a ball with the clear plastic wrap wrapped around it.
Once the mixture is in a ball-like shape, place cheeseball into the refrigerator for about an hour.
Once cheeseball is firmed, remove wrap and cover the cheeseballs evenly with shaved almonds.
And it is as easy as that! LOVE LOVE LOVE!
Let me count the many reasons why I love this appetizer…
- Deliciousness – Well, duh.
- Simple – as you noticed, it’s SO EASY!
- Make ahead – I love making this ahead of time, or even days, before parties, potlucks, holiday dinners. If I can make anything ahead of time, I DO IT!! It gives me so much more flexibility on the day.
- Bacon, bacon, BACON!!!!
Grab some buttery crackers and dig up some bacon ranch cheesy goodness. Because YOU MUST.
I mean – is that not YUM or what?
This is one of those appetizers that gets devoured quickly. The combination of flavors of the bacon, chopped green onions, ranch and cheese is out of this world!
That crunch from the almond could be one of my favorite part and the icing on top.
I know I’ll be making these again and again during this holiday season! 🙂 Join me!!!
If you make this recipe PLEASE let me know how it goes in the comment box below, and share pictures of your creations on instagram by tagging #joyousapron! And while you are there, don’t forget to follow me!
DID YOU ENJOY THIS RECIPE? Please comment below and give us a 5-star rating! This will help others find this recipe on Google and Pinterest. We very much appreciate your help! 🤍
Here are some of my other favorite appetizers! Check them out!
- Baked Cream Cheese Wontons
- Cranberry Baked Brie
- Avocado Corn and Black Bean Salsa
- Nectarine and Blueberry Brie Bites
- Bacon Deviled Eggs
- Mediterranean Layered Dip (by my friend Kathleen from The Fresh Cooky!)
Bacon Ranch Cheeseball
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 5 strips bacon
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp ranch seasoning mix (powdered)
- 1/2 cup shaved almonds
- 1 box buttery crackers
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees, line bacon (do not overlap) on baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, bake for 14-20 minutes (see Note 1).
- Remove bacon and chop into small pieces. Slice green onions.
- In a bowl, combine softened cream cheese, bacon pieces, sliced green onions, shredded cheddar cheese, and ranch seasoning mix.
- Shape cheese mixture into a ball – use clear plastic wrap to wrap around the mixture and then shape into a ball. Refrigerate cheeseball wrapped in plastic wrap for about an hour, or until cheeseball is firmed.
- Remove cheeseball from fridge. Remove clear plastic wrap and coat the cheeseball with shaved almonds.
- Serve with buttery crackers. Enjoy!