Get the holiday party started with these festive and fun Cranberry Meatballs! Four ingredients only and so easy you won’t believe it! Make this this holiday season and be warned: these things are addictive.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of BRIANNAS Fine Salad Dressings. All opinions and texts are mine.
Even though it’s 2020 and holiday parties are on the down low this year, I am still making a big bowl of these meatballs because it’s so delicious and it’s a nice festive touch to a slightly different holiday season.
Not to mention, it seriously takes minimal efforts. So why not?
Four ingredients, five minutes of prep time, and the slow cooker does the rest of the work!
These meatballs always fly off the table whenever I serve them. They are that popular.
There’s something about that sweet and tangy flavor combination that makes it so hard to stop at one. Or two. Or three…
“How do you make this crazy delicious appetizer with just four ingredients?”, you may ask.
Here’s how: using quality ingredients that are jammed packed with incredible flavors.
Here are the deets:
- Cranberry sauce (HERE is my tried and true homemade version for the ultimate cranberry sauce experience). Or you can use store-bought.
- BRIANNAS’s Organic Apple Cider Vinaigrette Dressing
- Brown sugar
- Frozen meatballs
The cranberry sauce brings a little tartness and sweetness, along with flavor-bursting fruity cranberry flavors that shine in this dish.
The Organic Apple Cider Vinaigrette Dressing by BRIANNAS provides the tangy and the sour to offset the sweet.
That’s right, this dressing is not just great on salads!
I seriously think it’s made for these meatballs.
Both of that combined with the brown sugar bring about this one-of-a-kind, incredibly unique and tasty flavor to the savory meatballs.
If you are looking for BRIANNAS Organic Apple Cider Vinaigrette Dressing, they are widely available all over the nation…so locate them using the BRIANNAS’ store locator!
Another option is to have them ship to directly your door by ordering them HERE!
How to make Cranberry Meatballs
There’s no need to over complicate this because all you need to make this deliciousness happen is to bring all the sauces into the crockpot, give it a good stir to combine, then add frozen cooked meatballs to it.
Stir again to coat meatballs in the sauce, then cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours.
In summary, it takes about five minutes to prep and you can walk away and do all the things you need to do while the meatballs marinade in the amazing flavors in the slow cooker.
The only thing that makes it slightly more complicated, should you choose to take on this challenge, is to make homemade cranberry sauce instead of using the canned ones.
And while it is slightly more work, making the cranberry sauce takes only 4 ingredients and 10 minutes. And it’s so worth the effort, because the canned ones can’t hold a candle to my homemade cranberry sauce.
Oh yes, I am one of those cranberry sauce snobs…
If you ever have leftover cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving this is totally a bomb way to repurpose it!
But if you want super easy, sure, grab a canned cranberry sauce and you’ll still enjoy this. Sometimes we need easy and I get it. 🙂
I love a dish with much versatility, and this is no doubt one of those super versatile dishes.
Here are all the ways you can serve them:
- as party food / finger food. Serve with toothpicks so it’s easy to pick up! Great for holiday parties, showers, picnics etc.
- as a main dish with potatoes or rice and veggies. Good potato and veggie options includes Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Lemon Garlic Broccoli, Garlic Parmesan Asparagus, Cheesy Potato Wedges.
- by itself as a snack
- in lunch boxes for kids or adults
So even if you are not having a big Christmas or New Years Eve party this year, there’s nothing like a little cranberry and a fun finger food to bring on the festive cheer.
I hope you have as much fun making and eating these as we did! ❤️
If you make this recipe, comment below and let me know what you think! Also, don’t forget to take a picture and tag me on Instagram, because I WANNA SEE!!
Other Cranberry Recipes
Here are other yummy cranberry recipes! (Yes, I kinda like cranberries!)
- No Knead Cranberry Bread
- Turkey Salad with Cranberries
- Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- Broccoli Kale Apple and Cranberry Slaw
- Cranberry Baked Brie
- Cranberry Apple Pecan Salad (by Lemon Tree Dwelling)
- 1 3/4 cup cranberry sauce
- 1 cup BRIANNAS Organic Apple Cider Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 lbs frozen meatballs
- parsley chopped, optional
- Add cranberry sauce, BRIANNAS Organic Apple Cider Vinaigrette Dressing, brown sugar to a slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Add frozen meatballs. Stir to combine.
- Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
- Stir and serve when it is completed. Optional: garnish with parsley. Enjoy!