These Baked Cajun Fries drizzled with tasty cheese sauce and topped with bacon pieces and green onions are my personal favorite guilty pleasure foods. So delicious, so addictive…it’s loaded with goodness and hard to stop once you get started!
I partnered with Tony Chachere’s to bring you this yummy recipe! All opinions, as usual, are my own!
To get the Cajun flavors that we know and love, these fries are seasoned with Tony Chachere’s No Salt Seasoning Blend, then coated with a delicious cheese sauce that is made with real cheese and flavored with more No Salt Seasoning Blend.
Because we love it THAT MUCH.
Tony Chachere’s seasonings are a combination of delicious spices and make it convenient and quick to add Cajun flavors into dishes.
We love Tony Chachere’s and have been using it for years. In fact, my husband was the one who introduced me to it, which is kinda unusual because we both know I’m the real foodie in our household. 😉
What can we say, we are kinda obsessed with Tony Chachere’s and all the Cajun and Creole flavors!
Why Baked Cajun Fries with Cheese Sauce
Naturally we are also pretty obsessed with this Loaded Cajun Fries recipe. My husband and I have had many servings of this (because recipe tasting does that to you), and we still want more!
What you can expect from this addictive, delicious appetizer/side/anytime snack!
- Incredibly yummy flavors – we don’t mess around and always load up our dishes with flavors, so naturally, this is one very flavorful dish. 🙂
- Baked, not fried…so slightly healthier than the deep fried versions!
- Simple and straightforward! We use frozen fries for this recipe to make this super easy, and you can use bacon bits to substitute for bacon pieces if you are in a hurry.
- The perfect party food and game day food! Always a crowd pleaser and don’t expect any leftovers! 😉
Let’s make Loaded Cajun Fries!
30 minutes is all you need to make this dreaminess happen. It’s broken out into three basic parts and is so easy to make at home!
- Bake fries
- Make cheese sauce
- Combine everything!
We are talking about crispy, truly well seasoned fries with a delicious cheese sauce that doesn’t taste like fake cheese. We use two types of cheeses – deluxe American cheese (yes, get the deluxe kind – it makes a difference!) and cheddar cheese to make the cheese sauce.
The reason why we use the No Salt Seasoning Blend instead of ones that contain salt is because the frozen fries and cheese sauce are already by themselves pretty salty, and I don’t want to over-salt this dish.
Tips and Tricks:
- Bake fries for longer if needed to get a crispy texture!
- Do not overlap or overcrowd frozen fries on baking sheet, and use two baking sheets if needed.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
- Make sure to whisk the cheese mixture using a whisk to completely dissolve the flour so that cheese sauce isn’t grainy in texture.
- Use deluxe American cheese instead of regular American cheese because it makes a much better cheese sauce!
- Use bacon bits instead of cooking bacon if you want a short cut. Bacon bits will not tastes as good as bacon but it is super convenient, and sometimes convenience win!
Friends, it’s the perfect appetizer, side, anytime snack!
I may or may not have eaten this as my dinner one evening. 😉 It was so good I could not stop myself, and before I know it I was too full to eat anything else!
I always have a weakness for fries, but when you load it with cheese and bacon, it takes it to a whole new, even more addictive level.
Give this a try, friends! You will love it!
If you make this recipe, comment below and let me know what you think! Also, don’t forget to take a picture and tag me on Instagram, because I WANNA SEE!!
- Bacon Ranch Cheeseball
- Baked Cream Cheese Wontons
- Bacon Wrapped Dates with Pineapple
- Caramelized Onion Dip
- Bacon Deviled Eggs
More Cajun and Creole Recipes
- 2 lbs frozen fries
- 2 tsp Tony Chachere's No Salt Seasoning Blend
- 6 strips bacon or bacon bits
- 2 spring green onions chopped
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk more if needed
- 6 slices deluxe American cheese
- 1 cup shredded medium cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp Tony Chachere's No Salt Seasoning Blend
- Pre-heat oven to bake fries. (temperature based on frozen fries package intructions)
- Bring frozen fries to a large bowl and add 2 tsp Tony Chachere's No Salt Seasoning Blend. Use hands or spatula to toss fries so they are evenly coated with seasoning.
- Spread fries onto baking sheet lined with aluminium foil (for easier clean up). Use two baking sheets if needed so fries do not overlap or overcrowd.
- Bake fries accroding to package instructions. Remove fries from oven once fries are crispy (see Note 1).
- When fries are baking in the oven, cut bacon into smaller pieces and pan fry bacon until they are crispy. Once done, remove bacon from skillet, soak up excess grease with paper towel, and set bacon aside. If you are in a hurry, feel fee to skip this step and use bacon bits!
- When fries are in the oven, heat a small pot under medium heat. Melt butter and add all-purpose flour. Use a whisk to whisk the mixture, then almost immediately, add whole milk.
- Bring mixture to a boil while continuing to whisk it until there are no lumps in the mixture. Then add American cheese, shredded medium cheddar cheese and 1/2 tsp of Tony Chachere's No Salt Seasoning Blend.
- Stir to combine until cheese melts and the sauce is smooth. If sauce is too thick, add 1-2 tsp of whole milk to thin it. Remove from heat promptly.
Combine and serve!
- Place baked fries onto a serving plate, then drizzle with cheese sauce.
- Chop green onions, then top fries with bacon and chopped green onions. Serve and enjoy!