It’s the most wonderful time of the year! One that should be filled with lots of joy, fun…and cookies! Or more specifically, these lovely White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies that screams Christmas, holidays, and all things merry and bright!
Ah Christmas. The time of the year when calories don’t count.
I am so ready to bake my heart out this holiday season. I want to make Cinnamon Raisin Rolls on weekend mornings leading up to the holidays; I want to munch on some Caramel White Chocolate Chip Chocolate Cookies with Christmas music in the background.
I’ve also recently played around with the idea of making this yummy Molten Chocolate Lava Cake for our Christmas dinner dessert. Verdict is still out on this one, because decisions are not my strong suit. And I change my mind a lot…
All that to say, the holiday season and desserts go hand in hand.
So here’s what I have for you today, because I am just holiday-season happy: the softest, fluffiest cookies filled with gooey white chocolate chips and fresh burst of peppermint pieces.
100% guaranteed to put you in happy holiday mood. 🙂
I highly recommend eating them warm because warm cookies are seriously the best, or microwave them for a few second if they are not fresh out of the oven.
They taste amazing; they are so festive; and they make me super duper happy. 🙂
Let’s make White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies!
In the spirit of Christmas, break out some Christmas music in the background, light a Christmas candle, turn on the lights on your Christmas tree…and let’s get baking!
Here’s how easy this recipe is:
- One bowl – no need to separate dry and wet ingredients!
- No refrigerating of the dough
- Takes a total of 25 minutes!
Once you make the dough, form little balls and then dip the dough into crushed peppermint pieces.
Then press the peppermint pieces down gently so that they sink slightly (but not completely) into the dough.
Place them 2 inches apart from each other on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, then send them to the oven to bake!
Tips for baking cookies
I think a big part of getting cookies nice and soft with the perfect texture is how you bake them.
Getting the ingredients right is important but there is also an art to baking cookies.
So here are my tips for how to make these cookies nice and soft without overcooking them:
- Form dough into 1 1/2-2 inch balls and make sure they are at least 2 inches apart from each other.
- Bake them for 10-11 minutes at 350 degrees F. I like to check at the 10-minute mark and remove them promptly from the oven if they ready. Cookies should still be slightly soft when you pull them out.
Need help with portion control?
Let’s also be real.
Sweets are great. But portion control is indeed a thing to wrestle with.
Sorry if I am hitting you with a tiny dose of reality. 😉
Here’s my tip for those of you who want a little portion control. Only roll a few doughs into balls, i.e. the ones you will be eating immediately.
Refrigerate the rest of the dough or even freeze them, and only form them into balls/bake them when you are ready to eat.
This way you bake only what you need, and get fresh cookies every time you are in the mood for cookies. I call this a double win!
How to store cookies
If you bake all of the cookies and have leftovers, you can store them in room temperature for a few days, then store them in the fridge for up to a week.
Although cookies never last that long in our household… 🙂
I hope you enjoy these cookies! And more importantly, I hope you have a wonderful, relaxing and joyful holiday season! 🙂
Other Fun Holiday Desserts and Treats
- Caramel White Chocolate Chip Chocolate Cookies
- Molten Chocolate Lava Cake
- Mini Chocolate Chess Pie
- Easy Apple Crisp
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cookies
- Strawberry Thumbprint Cookies
- Mint Chocolate Brownies with Andes Mint
- Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies (by Savory Nothings)
DID YOU ENJOY THIS RECIPE? Please comment below and give us a 5-star rating! This will help others find this recipe on Google and Pinterest! We very much appreciate your help! 🤍
White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup peppermint pieces
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop peppermint into small pieces until you have about 1/3 cup.
- In a large bowl, combine the wet ingredients – butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Then add dry ingredients – flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well. Fold in white chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into about 18 small ~1.5-2 inch balls, then dip dough balls onto the peppermint pieces to coat the top of the dough balls. Press peppermint pieces onto dough balls gently so that they stay on, then place them on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes. Check at the 10-minute mark. Once it is done (it will still be slightly soft), let cookies sit on baking sheet for 1-2 minutes before carefully removing them and placing them onto a baking rack to cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!