These delicious S’mores Bars are layered with a crumbly graham cracker crust, chocolate and slightly charred mini marshmallow….it’s summer in a nutshell. And we are officially OBSESSED.
S’mores bars are the perfect sweet treat and dessert for summer and Fall. If you love the classic all American campfire dessert, you are going to love this recipe!
Homemade S’mores Cookie Bars
We love s’mores desserts around here. When we introduced the delight that is S’mores Ice Cream, you all fell in love with it, so I knew we had to take on S’mores Bars next.
Our s’mores bars is made with layers of melted chocolate, crumbly graham crackers, gooey marshmallow.
It is in every way similar to the classic s’mores you make by the campfire. Except that you don’t even need the campfire to make this happen!
Just a good old oven that is available 24/7. In the middle of the night when the craving hits, even during the winter months when it’s snowing outside! See what I’m getting here?
We are talking EASY ACCESS here, and we are so here for it.
Ready under 30 minutes, made with pantry-friendly ingredients, you are going to love this delicious s’mores dessert and and be forever inducted into a s’mores bar fan club!
It’s crumbly, with bites of gooey marshmallows and melted chocolate.
Warning; these s’mores bars are totally addictive, and that perfect merger of flavors and textures is a transformative experience and IT’S WORHT IT.
Here are the ingredients you need to make this s’mores bar recipe!
- Butter – use unsalted butter
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Milk – any type of milk works – 2%, 1%, fat free.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda – this is rising agent use to get a slight rise in the crust mixture.
- Graham crackers – this goes into the crusts and is also a topping for the S’mores Bars.
- Chocolate chips – Chocolate chunks or pieces works too! Smaller pieces will melt faster
- Mini marshmallows – use the mini ones so they melt faster!
So as you can see, s’mores bars are made with pantry-friendly ingredients, and it comes together in no time!
How to make S’mores Bars
To make these s’mores cookie bars, you will also need a 9″x13″ rectangular baking dish, or something very similar in size.
Start by greasing the dish with cooking spray. Then set it aside and let’s get working on the graham cracker crust, which will be the bottom of the s’mores bars.
Bring softened or melted butter, brown sugar, egg, vanilla extract, milk to a big bowl and whisk to combine. Then add the dry mixture – flour, baking soda, and crushed graham crackers.
Make sure graham crackers are crushed finely so that it will incorporate well to form the crust. I typically bring graham crackers into a zip lock bag and use a meat tenderizer to beat it until they are in small fine pieces.
Once the mixture is combined, bring it to baking dish and spread it out evenly using a spatula.
It is a fairly thin layer but it will rise when baked because there’s baking powder in it.
Let the crust bake and rise for about 10 minutes, then remove the baking dish from the oven and add the rest of the toppings to it.
This is the fun part as we turn the crust into actual S’mores Bars! We will be adding all the important S’mores ingredients to it and then melting them in the oven so they are warm, gooey, and taste like S’mores you make in a campfire.
First comes the chocolate chips….
Then comes the marshmallows and graham crackers!
Note that graham crackers on top are in bigger pieces than the finely crushed graham crackers in the crust. What I do is I simply use my hands to break them into smaller pieces.
At this point, your kitchen will probably be filled with the aroma of chocolate combined with sugar and graham crackers, but hang in there with me for a little bit and bring that baking dish bake into the oven.
Bake it for 5-7 minutes, or until the chocolate and marshmallows are melted.
If you want the char the tops of the marshmallow, broil it for an additional 1-2 minutes in the oven.
I highly recommend that we continue to practice patience and let the S’mores Bars cool completely because this is the thing, it is messy to cut into these S’mores Bars when it is warm.
We want everything to set and slightly harden before cutting into it.
Now if your patience is running out and you desperately need to stuff your face with S’mores Bars asap, have at it and go for it, just know that you won’t get nice clean cuts of the squares when doing that.
I take one bite into this yum thing and I’m transported to summer nights sitting by the campfire roasting s’mores. Layers of chocolate, marshmallows and graham crackers are distinct yet merge together beautifully.
S’mores bars are crumbly, buttery, gooey, rich, and everything your s’mores-loving heart will ever need! 💛
Tips and Tricks
- Spray the baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper before adding ingredients to the dish.
- Make sure the butter is melted or softened.
- Cool S’mores Bars completely before cutting into square pieces.
- Store baked S’mores Bars in airtight container for 24 hours in room temperature or up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
DID YOU ENJOY THIS RECIPE? Please comment below and give us a 5-star rating! This will help others find this recipe on Google and Pinterest. We very much appreciate your help! 🤍
More Baked Desserts!
- Blueberry Crumb Bars
- Mango Crumb Bars
- Individual Mini Peach Cobbler
- Strawberry Thumbprint Cookies
- Skillet Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Mint Chocolate Brownies
- No Bake Chocolate Tart
- Strawberry Shortcake with Angel Food Cake
- Graham Cracker Toffee Bar (by my friend Tania at Cooking for My Soul!)
- cooking oil spray
- 1/4 cup butter softened or melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp 2% milk
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup graham crackers finely crushed
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup graham crackers break into small pieces
- Pre-heat oven to 375℉. Spray 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a big bowl, mix together wet ingredients – butter, brown sugar, egg, vanilla extract, and milk.
- Then add these dry ingredients into wet ingredients mixture – flour, baking soda and crushed graham crackers. Mix to combine.
- Evenly spread mixture onto the bottom of the baking dish, creating a thin layer. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove baking dish from oven, then sprinkle chocolate chips, marshmallow and small pieces of graham crackers onto the top.
- Bring baking dish back into the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes, or until chocolate has melted. Optional: broil for an additional 1-2 minutes to brown the tops of marshmallows.
- Remove from oven and let it cool completely.
- Cut into 12 square pieces. Serve and enjoy!