Rich and creamy chocolate filling on top of an Oreo crust, served with fresh berries and dusted with powdered sugar. It may sound all fancy…but you won’t believe how easy it is to make this No-Bake Chocolate Tart!
If you are in the mood for rich, velvety chocolate ganache kinda dessert (but really, who isn’t?!), you are in for a treat!
Get ready to be blown away by this No-Bake Chocolate Tart! Elegant, easy, and crazy addictive!
In terms of the chocolate filling, this is almost a Dark Chocolate Tart. The chocolate filling is rich, creamy, with a little sweetness to offset the cocoa.
My husband is addicted to this. He is a big dark chocolate fan and says it’s one of the best dessert I’ve ever made. And yes, he has gladly inhaled multiple tarts throughout this recipe testing and photographing process.
Here’s what you need to know about this recipe:
- No bake and 8 ingredients only!
- Rich, velvety chocolate on Oreo crust is a heavenly combo
- So pretty without a lot of work! Great to bring to dinner parties!
- Can be served cold or lukewarm, aka great party dish (can leave out for a few hours)
- Perfect for Valentine’s Day, which is around the corner! Something about the chocolate and berry combo, I think. Whether you are celebrating with a special someone, a bunch of girlfriends or family, it’s great for the occasion
What you need
Made with simple ingredients, this Chocolate Tart is no bake and so easy!
You will need a 9-inch round tart pan. It is very affordable and I highly recommend getting one with a removable bottom.
Here’s what goes into the dark chocolate filling:
- Chocolate chips
- Heavy cream
- Unsalted butter
- Granulated sugar
And here’s what you need for the crust:
- Oreo cookies
- Unsalted butter
As for toppings, I love berries with my chocolate, but you can also top it with pieces of shaved chocolate, whipped cream, ice cream, or skip the topping completely!
An Easy Chocolate Tart Recipe
Start by making the Oreo crust.
We will be combining Oreo cookies with melted unsalted butter, and here are two ways to go about it:
- Cut into it using a pastry cutter
- Pulse it using a food processor (by way the easier way! Takes seconds!)
When it is done, mixture should be pretty fine, not big and lumpy.
Bring Oreo crumbles to a 9-inch tart pan and press crumble down to the bottom and sides of the pan.
You can do that using your fingers, a spatula, or the back or a flat measuring cup. Make sure to put pressure and shape the sides too!
Once the Oreo Crust is formed, I like to bring it into the refrigerator so that the crust will harden while I work on the chocolate filling.
Since this Chocolate Tart is no bake, we will be cooking the chocolate filling in a pot on the stove top.
This process is straight forward and quick. Basically we will be heating and combining all the ingredients for the chocolate filling in a pot. Once chocolate chips and sugar are completely dissolve, remove from heat promptly.
Pour chocolate filling onto tart pan with Oreo crust.
Then refrigerate and be patient for at least 4 hours as it cools and hardens in the refrigerator.
Gently remove tart from tart pan (the sides should disconnect from the bottom) and top with berries and powdered sugar.
And that’s all there is to it.
Super easy No-Bake Chocolate Tart.
You will be blown away by how simple this whole process is!
Tips and Tricks
A few quick notes from my trial and error:
- Use a tart pan with a removable bottom – it will make removal a lot easier. This is the one I have!
- When pressing Oreo crumbles onto tart pan, spread them out evenly and apply pressure on the bottom and sides of the pan. The sides take a little more work than the bottom. Once it is refrigerated, the crust will harden significantly because the butter will harden in the fridge.
- When cooking chocolate filling, cook under low heat and stir continuously to avoid burning the chocolate. Once everything is dissolved, remove from heat promptly. It does not have to come to a boil.
- Chocolate tart needs to be refrigerated for at least 4 hours or up to overnight to settle and harden. Do not cut short its time in the fridge!
- Chocolate filling is more dark chocolate than milk chocolate. If you want it less dark, add more sugar to taste. Taste the filling in the pot and adjust accordingly. Note that different chocolate chips will yield different sweetness as well.
How to store leftovers?
Store it in the refrigerator, preferably in an airtight container, for up to 5 days.
Can you substitute heavy cream with milk?
I highly encourage using heavy cream because the consistency of milk (or even half and half) is thinner and will make a difference to the recipe.
A pure delight in every way! I hope you enjoy it! 🙂
If you make this recipe, comment below and let me know what you think! Also, don’t forget to take a picture and tag me on Instagram, because I WANNA SEE!!
More Chocolate Desserts!
If you love chocolate desserts (I do too!), check these recipes out as well!
- Molten Chocolate Lava Cake
- Mini Chocolate Chess Pie
- Chocolate Cherry Brownies
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Strawberry Chocolate Cake Roll (by Tania at Cooking for my Soul)
No-Bake Chocolate Tart
- 25 Oreo cookies
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter melted
Chocolate Ganache Filling
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar more if needed
- 1 cup berries blueberries, rasperries, strawberries
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- Combine butter and cookies by using a food processor (pulsing) or pastry cutter until mixture is very fine.
- Press Oreo crumbles onto a 9-inch tart pan. Make sure to spread crumbles out evenly and apply pressure on the sides and bottom (use fingers, spatula or back of a flat measuring cup).
- Refrigerate crust and set side.
- Bring together all 'Chocolate Filling' ingredients into a pot. Heat on medium low heat and stir continuously until mixture is dissolved. It does not have to come to a boil.
- Taste chocolate filling, add more sugar if desired.
- Remove promptly once it is dissolved.
- Pour chocolate filling onto Oreo crust. Let it cool for 10 minutes, then refrigerate for ~4 hours or up to overnight.
- Top with berries and sprinkle berries with powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!