S’mores Ice Cream
Introducing, S’mores Ice Cream, in all its glory. Creamy, rich, filled with chocolate, marshmallow and graham crackers like only S’mores can promise.
Life is too short to eat regular ice cream.
Is this thing healthy? Err…not really.
Soul-healing and emotionally uplifting? OH YOU BETCHA.
So grab a spoon, dig in, close your eyes (necessary to block off all your other senses and zoom in on the taste – or so says my sister), and savor every bite. The world needs some Homemade S’mores Ice Cream to chase the blues away.
Isn’t that what we all need on a Monday? A little pick-me-up. A little healing. A little push to get over the weekend-is-over blues.
Not trying to brag, but this Homemade S’mores Ice Cream business is so good my husband said it’s one of the best ice cream he has ever had. In his life.
The beauty of this S’mores Ice Cream lies in the rich, velvety, and creamy chocolate ice cream based. We then churn in little chunks of crushed graham cracker and layer with gooey marshmallow.
All the components of a S’mores incorporated in ice cream form.
And no campfire necessary, thank you very much.
What you need to make S’mores Ice Cream
To make this S’mores Ice Cream recipe, you will need a 2-Quart Ice Cream Maker. Any ice cream maker that is 2 quart or above will fit all the ingredients.
As for the ingredients, gather these up!
- heavy whipping cream
- 2% milk – whole milk is fine too, but avoid 1% or fat free
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- dark chocolate bar – with ~65-75% chocolate
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract – use pure vanilla extract for the best flavors
- graham crackers
- marshmallow creme
How to make S’mores Ice Cream
Making ice cream can sound like a daunting task. But let me assure you, it really isn’t. This S’mores Ice Cream is simple to make and its flavor and texture is unmatched. Trust me!
Step 1: Make Ice Cream Mixture
Start by combining the the following ingredients into a large pot:
- Heavy cream
- 2% milk
- Cocoa powder – use good quality!
- 60-70% dark chocolate – the secret ingredient that makes the ice cream super rich
- Vanilla extract
Cook mixture until smooth. Let it cool for 60 minutes in room temperature, and bring it into the refrigerator and cool for another 3-4 hours.
Step 2: Churn ice Cream
Make sure your ice cream mixture is cool before adding it to the ice cream maker to churn. I use my Cuisinart 2-Quart Ice Cream Maker. Any ice cream maker that is 2 quart or above will fit all the ingredients.
And now we add in all the yummy S’mores components we know and love.
Add crushed graham crackers a minute or two before churning is completed. Avoid adding too soon because we don’t want to ice cream maker to crush the graham crackers further but only want the graham crackers folded into the ice cream.
Step 3: Layer S’mores Ice Cream
Microwave the marshmallow creme for 15-20 seconds in the microwave to turn it into a thick liquid.
Then layer a layer of churned ice cream followed by s few swirls of liquid-y marshmallow.
I did this five times (five layers).
Because it is fun, but can be a pain if you don’t note the below:
- Use a knife to bring the liquid-y marshmallow onto the ice cream. It is the easiest to evenly spread the marshmallow when it is in liquid form. You may have to re-microwave the marshmallow through the process.
- Liquid marshmallow will harden fairly quickly when it touches the ice cream. If you are trying to shape the marshmallow, or spread it out, do so very quickly using the knife once you bring marshmallow to the ice cream.
- Do not feel the pressure to make it look perfect! Just get the marshmallow in there and put it in different spots so each scope will catch some marshmallow.
Step 4: Freeze and Wait
Once you layer and swirl, bring S’mores Ice Cream to freezer and let it freeze for at least five hours. I typically let it sit overnight.
And this may be the hardest part of it all, but be patient. 🙂
When your S’mores Ice Cream is ready, grab and spoon and dig in. At this point, the consistency should feel like ice cream. Hard to dig in at first because it’s frozen, but creamy and smooth once you do dig in.
You can eat it straight out of the tub. Or you can scope it out into a bowl or a cone if you want to be all civilized…
This S’mores Ice Cream recipe consist of a rich and creamy chocolate-based cream, with lots of great textures and flavors from the graham crackers and gooey marshmallow.
And if you love chocolate a whole lot like me, top it off with some of this delicious homemade hot fudge sauce.
DECADENTLY DELICIOUS is its real name.
So here you go, Homemade S’mores Ice Cream everyone. Prepare to be wowed.
Check out these other yummy desserts on the blog!
- The Best Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- Lemon Ice Cream
- No Bake Oreo Truffles
- Brioche Bread Pudding
- Cinnamon Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
- Chocolate Cherry Brownies
- Strawberry Shortcake with Angel Food Cake
- No-Bake Chocolate Tart
DID YOU ENJOY THIS RECIPE? Please comment below and give us a 5-star rating! This will help others find this recipe on Google and Pinterest. We very much appreciate your help! 🤍
S’mores Ice Cream
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1.5 oz 65-75% dark chocolate bar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed graham cracker
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 2 tbsp crushed graham cracker optional
- In a large pot, bring to boil the first six ingredients. Once boiled, lower the heat and cook until mixture is smooth and everything is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and cool for an hour. As pot is usually hot, move mixture to another container to cool.
- Pour liquid into ice cream maker and churn (See Note 1). Churn until ice cream thickens (refer to ice cream maker manual to determine time needed).
- Pour 1 cup crushed graham cracker into the ice cream maker the last few minutes of churning. Once graham crackers are folded into the ice cream, stop the machine from churning.
- Microwave marshmallow creme for 15-20 seconds, or until it turns into liquid.
- Layer 1/5 of the ice cream onto a container. Using a knife, bring some liquid-y marshmallow creme onto ice cream and swirl it around. (See Note 2)
- Repeat Step 6 until all ice cream are gone. (See Note 3) Optional: sprinkle the top of the ice cream with 2 tbsp of crushed graham cracker.
- Bring ice cream to freezer and freeze for at least 5 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!