Refreshing and absolutely delightful, Mojito Mocktail is the perfect beverage to sip and enjoy on a warm summer day whether you are sitting by the poolside or lounging on your back porch or pairing it with your favorite summer meal.
We’ve got the recipe for both making this in a jug and by the glass. Although we highly recommend the jug thing because you seriously will need more than a glass!
When life gives you limes….make Mojito Mocktails!
I’m as obsessed with this Mojito Mocktail as I am with my other summer favorite Pineapple Orange Coconut Rum Cocktail. Okay, who am I kidding, I’m just generally obsessed with anything in the “chilled fruity drink” genre.
Although this Mojito Mocktail is indeed my current favorite. A zesty, light sparkling lime juice beverage infused with bright and fresh minty flavors.
So bubbly good you won’t even realize there is no alcohol in it!
In fact, because there’s no alcoholic content, you can drink up as much as you want, whenever you want!
Hosting a summer cookout or party? Make a whole lot of it and it can be enjoyed by adults and kids alike.
Stuck at home and want to cool down on a hot summer day, but don’t really need the buzz? You know you want this happy fizzy drink in your life!
How to make Mojito Mocktail
Here are the ingredients you need to get the party started!
- Lime juice (freshly squeezed)
- Sparkling water (unsweetened)
- Mint Leaves
- Granulated Sugar
- Warm water
- Ice cubes
Dissolve sugar in warm water than combine with lime juice, sparkling water. Mix together, then add mint leaves.
Using a wooden spoon, gently press on mint leaves to release its beautiful minty flavors into the juice. Then add ice cubes and serve.
There’s really not much to this!
Tips and Tricks
- Taste the end product and adjust accordingly to your liking. Want it sweeter? Add more sugar! Want it zestier? Add more lime juice! Want more sparkling goodness? Add more sparkling water!
- Because Mojito Mocktails are made with sparkling water, when you leave it in the fridge overnight or for a long period of time, Mojito Mocktail will no longer be fizzy. If you want to make ahead, you can combine all ingredients except for sparkling water and ice, and only add sparkling water and ice when ready to serve.
There’s something beautiful about the pairing of lime and mint leaves. It leaves that fresh fresh fresh feeling you want to feel when it is crazy hot outside.
As we head into the Texas summer, I will be chugging this like nobody’s business!
I absolutely love how refreshing and light this is, and it’s filled with fruity goodness and a good dose of vitamin C so it’s yummy, fun and (fairly) good for you, right right?! 😉
Okay, all this talk about this virgin mojito is making me THIRSTY. Time for me to grab my drink and DRINK UP!
Love this recipe? Comment below and give us a 5-star rating! Also, take a picture of your creation and tag me on Instagram, because I WANNA SEE!!
Other drink recipes
- Pineapple Orange Coconut Rum Cocktail
- Mango Strawberry Smoothie
- Berry Banana Chia Smoothie
- Strawberry Lemonade (by Tania at Cooking for my Soul)
- 1/4 + 1/8 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 1/4 + 1/8 cup lime juice
- 3 cups sparkling water unsweetened
- a handful fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups ice
- a few slices lime
- In a small glass, combine sugar and warm water. Stir to completely dissolve sugar.
- In a jug, combine sugar + water mixture, lime juice and sparkling water. Add mint leaves into jug. Press mint leaves with wooden spoon to release its flavors into the water.
- Add ice and slices of lime into the jug. Stir.
- Serve and enjoy!
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup sparkling water
- a few fresh mint leaves
- one slice of lime
- 1/2 cup ice