The best ever and easy Chicken Fried Rice! This recipe contains a secret ingredient that brings lots of great flavors to this classic Asian dish. Stir fried rice with chicken, eggs and mixed vegetable is the perfect easy weeknight dinner.
We are all about a good fried rice recipe, and refused to settle for mediocre.
Similar to this popular Steak Fried Rice, prepare to sink your teeth into a truly flavorful fried rice that is better than takeout!
How to make The Best Chicken Fried Rice
Homemade fried rice is a super easy dish to make – toss leftover rice with seasoning and sauce, combine with veggies and egg pieces, and cook it using a wok or a skillet.
The execution is fairly simple, but I am excited to share a few tricks (and ingredients) to take fried rice from just okay to fantastic.
I have spent years trying figure out the secret behind making a good solid fried rice at home. I have made many, many plates and bowls of fried rice over the last decade and I am finally ready to share.
Warning: this is not just another fried rice recipe.
It is so good that after you have this you will never look at takeout fried rice the same way again.
And yes, it also happens to be easy.
You are looking at truly flavorful rice, seasoned chicken pieces, crunchy mixed vegetables and soft pieces of omelette mixed into it.
Okay…excuse me while I go grab a fork!
Tips and Tricks to making the best Chicken Fried Rice
- Use a skillet or wok that retains heat well.
- Cook on high heat!
- Use day-old rice because dryer rice works better for fried rice
- Set aside chicken after it is cooked and bring it back later to combine with rice to avoid drying out chicken
- The secret is in the seasoning, and the secret in the seasoning is this: chicken bouillon. It brings amazing flavors to the rice. I have use different chicken bouillon to make this but Better than Bouillon is one of my favorite chicken bouillons!
- Other seasoning and aromatics such as garlic, onions, and soy sauce are super important to bring flavor to this dish as well! Sesame oil is optional but definitely use it if you can find it!
What appliances do you need to make Chicken Fried Rice
- retains heat well
- are large enough to freely move the items around so fried rice cooks evenly
Wok is traditionally what is used when making most Asian stir fry. I find that they are great, but not necessary for this recipe.
In fact, if you have a high quality skillet that does the above bullet points well, it works just as well. This is the non-stick skillet I have been using for years, and it works perfectly for this recipe!
One of the beauty of fried rice is its versatility. It’s a great way to bring together ingredients that you need to use up before its expiration date!
Here are different ways you can make this fried rice!
- Use cauliflower rice or brown rice instead of white rice for a healthier spin!
- Substitute chicken for beef, pork, shrimp or tofu.
- Use any type of veggies you have at hand. This is a great way to use vegetables that has been sitting in your fridge that you need to use asap.
- Make it spicy! Drizzle with sriracha when serving, or cook with red pepper flakes.
This is a simple, pantry-friendly meal that I think you and your family will love! 20 minutes, no frills, and SO MUCH YUM!
Give it a try and let me know what you think! And if you get creative, you know I want to hear all about your variations too!
If you make this recipe, comment below and let me know what you think! Also, don’t forget to take a picture and tag me on Instagram, because I WANNA SEE!!
Other Rice Recipe
Here are other delicious rice recipe!
- Steak Fried Rice
- Thai Pineapple Fried Rice
- Easy Mixed Vegetable Rice
- Lemon Chicken and Rice Soup
- One Pan Bake Lemon Chicken and Rice
- Italian Cabbage and Rice (by Christina’s Cucina)