This easy Strawberry Banana Bread recipe is crumbly, buttery, sweet, truly moist and loaded with banana flavors and pieces of fresh strawberry. Make a loaf (or two!) of this yummy quick bread for breakfast, afternoon tea or snack. They are perfect as grab-and-go munchies.
There’s no yeast involved, but instead baking soda is used as a rising agent. Because of that, the process is straight forward and it is super easy to bake.
Since it’s strawberry season, it’s the perfect time to make a loaf of Strawberry Banana Bread, especially if you have strawberries sitting around in your fridge. It’s a great way to use up leftover strawberries and overripe bananas.
Why you’ll love this Strawberry Banana Bread:
- Very yummy – trust me when I say – it is so good! This Strawberry Banana Bread is buttery, truly moist, soft, and loaded with banana flavors with chunks of strawberries nestled in it. Pair it with a cup of hot coffee or tea – it’s like a match made in heaven…
- Easy to make – use one bowl to mix everything together and pour into a rectangular bread pan. No waiting for dough to proof since this is a quick bread recipe.
- Simple ingredients – this Strawberry Banana Bread recipe calls for pantry-friendly ingredients – there’s a good chance you already have everything at hand!
- Make ahead and easy storage – you can easily make ahead for a quick grab-and-go snack or even breakfast.
Strawberry Banana Bread Ingredients
I love making Strawberry Banana Bread whenever I have extra strawberries and ripe bananas, and I almost never have to go to the grocery store for the rest of the ingredients because I already have them at hand!
Don’t you just love it when that happens? It always gives me a weird sense of accomplishment…
Anyway, here’s what you’ll need to make this delicious Strawberry Banana Bread:
- strawberries – use fresh strawberries and use a paper towel to remove moisture if strawberries are wet. Avoid using frozen because they contain a lot more moisture. If you end up having to use frozen strawberries, make sure they defrost completely and then dap them dry with a paper towel before using them.
- bananas – important: use overripe, brown bananas because they are sweeter and produces really good flavor for the Strawberry Banana Bread. Do not use green or yellow bananas. Brown bananas are soft and super easy to mash when they are overripe.
- unsalted butter – avoid using salted because we don’t want the access salt in there
- all purpose flour
- baking soda – used as the rising agent
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
How to make Banana Bread with Strawberries
Step 1: Prepare bananas and strawberries
The two star ingredient for our Strawberry Banana Bread!
Bananas: Make sure you are using overripe bananas. Not yellow bananas. Not green bananas. But brown, overripe bananas. When baking with bananas, these produce the best flavors and are actually sweet. Mash them with a fork or a potato masher.
Strawberries: Use fresh strawberries and make sure to remove moisture from strawberries after washing them. I typically pat them dry with a paper towel. I prefer fresh over frozen strawberries because there’s a lot of moisture in the frozen ones. If you do use frozen strawberries, make sure to defrost them completely, and then thoroughly pat dry with a paper towel. We will be cutting these strawberries into small pieces so they bake easily.
Step 2: Combine bread ingredients
Put together wet mixture: cream butter and sugar, then add eggs and vanilla extract.
Whisk to combine.
Add mashed bananas to wet mixture.
Add dry ingredients to mixing bowl: flour, baking soda and salt.
Once everything is combine, fold in the chopped strawberries.
Step 3: Bake
Once batter for Strawberry Banana Bread is ready, transfer it to a greased 8.5-inch bread pan (affiliate link for my favorite bread pan!). Greasing will make it easier to remove bread after it is baked.
Alternatively, you can also line bread pan with parchment paper.
Bake for 60-70 minutes at 350℉. I typically check at the 60-minute mark.
Insert a toothpick to the middle of the loaf and if it comes out clean it is done. If it doesn’t, cook for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Step 4: Cooling the bread
Once Strawberry Banana Bread is ready, let it sit in the bread pan for 10 minutes, then gently transfer to cool on a cooling rack for at least 20 minutes (longer is fine!) before slicing and serving bread.
Tips and Tricks
A few key tips to ensure a successful bake!
- Use over ripe bananas, i.e. bananas with brown spots or are brown.
- Make sure strawberries are not wet – remove as much moisture as you can from strawberries.
- Remember to grease bread pan or line bread pan with parchment paper before adding batter for easy removal of the bread after it bakes.
- Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick to the middle of the loaf. If it comes out clean, it is done. If it doesn’t come out clean, bake it for longer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! Walnuts or pecans work great with this. Add the nuts when you are folding strawberries to the batter.
Store bread in an airtight container or bag, or seal it with seran wrap. Best to store in room temperature for up to 4 days. Storing in refrigerator will slightly dry out bread.
Absolutely! Blueberries and raspberries work great as well. However, regardless of what berries you use, make sure to remove moisture as much as you can, and keep it to about 1 cup. More than that will add more moisture to the bread, and you may need to add more flour or bake for longer.
DID YOU ENJOY THIS RECIPE? Please comment below and give us a 5-star rating! This will help others find this recipe on Google and Pinterest. We very much appreciate your help! 🤍
More Baked Goods!
If you like this Strawberry Banana Bread, also check these out!
- Banana and Date Muffins
- Pumpkin Banana Muffin
- No-Knead Cranberry Bread
- Apple Cinnamon Bread
- Blueberry Bread with Crumb Topping
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Scones
Strawberry Banana Bread
- 1 1/2 cup overripe banana mashed, ~3 bananas
- 1 cup strawberries diced
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Mash bananas until you get 1 1/2 cups of mashed bananas. Wash and pat dry strawberries, then cut into small pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar, then add eggs and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine.
- Fold mashed bananas into the mixture.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix to combine. Fold in strawberries.
- Transfer mixture into a greased bread pan or bread pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until the center is fully cooked. Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick. If toothpick comes out clean, bread is done.
- Remove bread from oven and let it cool in bread pan for 10 minutes. Then gently move bread to a cooling rack to cool for 20 minutes.
- Slice and serve bread. Enjoy!