Cream Cheese Sausage Balls are bite-size sausage balls made with cream cheese, Bisquick baking mix, cheddar cheese and herbs. They make the most delicious finger food and appetizer, making them the perfect party food.
Cream cheese sausage balls are delicious by themselves, but I also love serving them with a side of ranch.
Looking for more party and game day foods? Check out my Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders, Shredded Chicken Nachos, Baked BBQ Chicken Wings and Pineapple Mango Salsa as well! I think you’ll love these yummy recipes!
Bisquick Sausage Balls with Cream Cheese
Cream cheese sausage balls are so easy to make, and requires only 5 simple ingredients.
When you bite into these Bisquick sausage balls, you would not believe how much flavor and deliciousness is packed in such a straight-forward recipe!
I love making cream cheese sausage balls during the holidays such as Christmas and New Years Eves, for game days when everyone gather to watch football or basketball, or even as snacks to put in lunch boxes.
They are easy to make, transport, and even reheat. The best part is, they are always a hit! I never see leftovers whenever I have a crowd around these cream cheese sausage balls.
These Bisquick cream cheese sausage balls are creamy, cheesy, moist, and loaded with incredible flavors. I especially love the touch of herbs (I use parsley) added that gives it a nice bite of freshness.
Made with just 5 simple ingredients, these cream cheese sausage balls are straight-forward and easy to put together.
Here are the ingredients you will need:
- ground sausage – using raw, uncooked sausage that typically comes in a tube. You can use, regular, non-fat…they all come out tasty!
- cream cheese – you can use the low fat or regular kind…whatever you prefer! Make sure to soften it before combining it with ground sausage.
- Bisquick baking mix – do not substitute with regular flour because there’s baking powder (rising agent) in there, along with other ingredients.
- cheddar cheese – we are using the shredded cheddar cheese for this
- parsley – chop up fresh parsley or use dried parsley, or use a different herb you have on hand! Chive is another good option.
How to make sausage balls
Let’s get cooking (or more accurately…baking)! Wait till you see how easy these cream cheese sausage balls come together…
All you need is about 10 minutes of prep time and the oven does all the work! Now, that’s my kinda recipe!
Step 1: Bring together sausage ball mixture
In a large mixing bowl, bring together raw ground sausage, softened cream cheese, Bisquick baking mix, shredded cheddar cheese, and parsley or chives.
Step 2: Shape and bake
Using your hands, grab a small handful of mixture and shape it into 2-inch wide diameter cream cheese sausage balls.
Tip: to avoid having mixture stuck to your hands, grease your hands, or even wear disposable gloves and grease the gloves before handling sausage balls.
Generously grease a large baking sheet (grease well if not sausage ball will stick to your baking sheet after baking), and place these sausage balls at least 1 inch apart from each other.
Send them into the oven to bake at 400℉ for 20 minutes.
Step 3: Serve and enjoy
Once these cream cheese sausage balls are done, remove them baking sheet promptly so they do not stick to it.
I like to serve these Bisquick sausage balls with some ranch on the side but they serve well with other sauces such as:
- bbq sauce
- hot sauce
Check these babies out!!!!
They are so easy to make, so moist and flavorful, and always pleases a crowd! Win, win, win all around!
Something about the cream cheese and sausage combination, combined with fresh flavorful herbs, take these sausage balls to the next level.
Fair warning though: they are ADDICTIVE!!! I can never stop at one…
Tips and Tricks
A couple of things to make the making of these cream cheese sausage balls much easier!
- Make sure cream cheese is softened before mixing it. Bring cream cheese to room temperature for a few hours before using, or microwave to soften.
- Wear disposable gloves when rolling these Bisquick sausage balls. Make sure to grease the side of the gloves that would be in contact with the mixture to make it easier to roll those sausage balls. If you are not wearing gloves, grease the palm of your hands before rolling the them into balls.
- Make sure to generously grease the baking sheet to prevent baked Bisquick cream cheese sausage balls from sticking to it. For easier cleanup, line baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper, and then grease aluminum foil or parchment paper.
Frequently Asked Questions
Garlic (or garlic powder), onion powder, oregano, Italian seasoning, or red pepper flakes work great in it as well!
Most likely there wasn’t enough grease on the baking sheet. Generously grease baking sheet to prevent sausage balls from sticking.
Ranch, bbq sauce, or any type of spicy sauce if you like spicy works great with these cream cheese sausage balls. They are very flavorful and moist so they also taste great without sauces!
Other Fun Finger Foods you will love
Here are a few other appetizer recipes that would be great for parties, game days and holidays!
- Crispy Baked Potato Skins
- Ham and Cheese Crescent Roll Ups
- Cranberry Meatballs
- Bacon Wrapped Dates with Pineapple
- Sausage and Cheese Puff Pastry Pockets
- Bacon Wrapped Dates with Pineapple
Cream Cheese Sausage Balls
- 1 lbs ground pork sausage
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp parsley or chives chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, bring together ground sausage, cream cheese, Bisquick baking mix, cheddar cheese, and parsley or chives. Mix to combine.
- Generously grease a full size baking sheet.
- Grab a small fist full of the mixture and roll into a ball, ~2-inch in diameter. Place it onto baking sheet. Repeat until there is no more mixture. Space the sausage balls at least 1-2 inches apart. I typically get a~15 sausage balls and they fit perfectly into a full size baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove sausage balls promptly from baking sheet to prevent sticking
- Serve and enjoy!